How about a macbook for you all:)

jelms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been the largest supporter of Microsoft for 10+ years but recently got my hands on a Macbook. To tell you the truth I am loving my apple notebook:) I want to hear from all you geeks about what you really think. The only thing I don't like is that I can not dig around at the network level to modify the host file. Maybe I just have not figured that out yet.

The UI is much cleaner than the MS UI and I am learning something new each day. When I finally retire and don't have to deal with the MS shop I set up, I am thinking of going all apple.

So what do you all think about that??

-jeff

The whole family made the switch early last year .... Mac kicks ass never had a virus, its much faster only down side was it took a little bit getting used to ..

Mac for Life

VNM PWRD said:
The whole family made the switch early last year .... Mac kicks ass never had a virus, its much faster only down side was it took a little bit getting used to ..

Mac for Life
I hear what you are selling:D the mac rules as far as i can tell. I'm so tired of fighting viruses. Takes up so much time. One thing to think about, if apple ever got as popular as other OS's they might get attacked by the virus community:dontknow:

Just a thought.

-jeff

TheSickness said:
Apple sucks.....That is all........Over :p

Come on Mikey, give some examples??? I could say Microsoft sucks and give some good examples:) Let me count the ways....

-jeff

attila said:
can't you just modify /etc/hosts ??? I never hacked into a OSX.
it's not the same animal. If was i was dealing with MS windows I would do that for sure, and do that.

Switched over to a mac a little over a year ago (macbook).. I will never ever go back, I love this thing. My harddrive took a crap about 2 months ago, but HDs are cheap and easy to install on here. Other than that, never had one problem. Took a while to get use to but now over a year using one, I feel right at home.

I love my MAC. I have the intel chip, so I can boot into windows in order to use my VEC software for truck tuning. But that is the only reason I use windows.

Got a macbook at work about a week ago. Got Windows installed yesterday. Still have some learning to do on the mac side but I have to function, so I have windows as a backup. I hope to only use leopard 95 percent of the time and XP 5 percent of the time when I need to do testing.

BTW, I got the black one :D

Have had Mac's my whole life. I can barely use the Windows computers at work. :dontknow:

I personally would die to have the OS X OS on my laptop, but I honestly don't understand why I should pay a lot more for a laptop that will have the same hardware as my exsisting laptop or worse.

Just my 2 cents.

I love my mac. I have an older powerbook and it still kicks ass. Bill Gates can blow me, I'm never going back, at least not for a personal machine.

Love my macbook...the thing's a beast.

tinygiants said:
I love my MAC. I have the intel chip, so I can boot into windows in order to use my VEC software for truck tuning. But that is the only reason I use windows.

Now that is a serious reason to keep around a windows laptop:)

-jeff

i am not a fan of mac but if it makes you feel any better i dont like microsoft either lol i prefer unix or linux but i like open source where if i dont like something i can just change it no matter what it is. microsoft and apple both have a lot of issues as far as i am consearned. apple try buying software you spend 10x as much and are much more limited to the software you find. Microsoft or microshaft as i also like to call them has so many bugs and holes in it, that it looks more like swiss cheese than an operating system lol. thats my 2 cents though. i could go on for about an hour on both and reasons i hate them both. but for most part i usually end up using and working with windows only cause its what 99% of the world runs. but i still have my linux system that i use when i want something i can actually work with and on.

redice2 said:
i am not a fan of mac but if it makes you feel any better i dont like microsoft either lol i prefer unix or linux but i like open source where if i dont like something i can just change it no matter what it is. microsoft and apple both have a lot of issues as far as i am consearned. apple try buying software you spend 10x as much and are much more limited to the software you find. Microsoft or microshaft as i also like to call them has so many bugs and holes in it, that it looks more like swiss cheese than an operating system lol. thats my 2 cents though. i could go on for about an hour on both and reasons i hate them both. but for most part i usually end up using and working with windows only cause its what 99% of the world runs. but i still have my linux system that i use when i want something i can actually work with and on.

I hear you bro. The only thing I can say about UNIX is that I didn't care for it too much when I had to work with it a couple of years ago. Seems to be a nice server, not too sure about it on the client side. Maybe some of my angst about UNIX has to do with a couple of guys that I knew and did not like so much telling me how great it was.

I'm sure LINUX is much more mature now then when I first had to deal with it. I'm just in an industry that does not approve of it yet.

-jeff

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back