How difficult/expensive to put T56 in QC?

amartin3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just as the title says. How expensive would it be to put a T56 in a QC? Has anyone done this?

It would be costly and dont forget the QC is heavier than a RC so the clutch would suffer. But if you got a stack of cash, your talking new t56 tranny $6k or so, full clutch setup $2k, custom drive shaft, pedal intallation, shifter $500+.................I am not a mechanic.............so this is just my guesstimate.

patrick

for 2500 bucks you can buy a tranny that will shift faster than a 6sp................... for 500 you can make yours bullet proof for the stock engine.

I think a 6 spd in a QC would be a blast! Im sure it can be done,can't be that hard,theres lots of wrecked trucks around to get the parts you need to make it work.

bigike said:
for 2500 bucks you can buy a tranny that will shift faster than a 6sp................... for 500 you can make yours bullet proof for the stock engine.

I'd love to see this magical transmission.........;) Even modern Euro "semi autos" can't compete with manuals, some (-2%) will out run them in a sprint though but in a Dodge ram for that little coin?? They will be more consistent but not faster, have them do 10 passes each and if you had to pick the 1 best time from both - manual will win. Plus, it's way more fun, drive a manual, steer an automatic.

And somebody to program/tune it and somebody who has the skill and expertise to put it all together and make it work so that it doesn't look like a hack job. Keisler tried a T56 swap in a Charger SRT8. They accomplished the physical swap but had problems with the PCM and CAN Bus and couldn't get the tune right. They also had problems with clutches, e.g. many failures. I understand, they eventually gave up on the concept.

mauiSRT/10 said:
It would be costly and dont forget the QC is heavier than a RC so the clutch would suffer. But if you got a stack of cash, your talking new t56 tranny $6k or so, full clutch setup $2k, custom drive shaft, pedal intallation, shifter $500+.................I am not a mechanic.............so this is just my guesstimate.

patrick

FLchub already founf out its a different engine base, so you would nee a GenIII out of a RC or Viper, then mate it up to a 6 spd(which you could find for $2k) It would be alot of work and time. you would spend $10K

It all adds up to one thing. You need a wrecked RC with the engine tranny and all the interior pieces intact:D

BurntRubber said:
FLchub already founf out its a different engine base, so you would nee a GenIII out of a RC or Viper, then mate it up to a 6 spd(which you could find for $2k) It would be alot of work and time. you would spend $10K

Thats what I am talking about............shit doesnt line up like it should sometimes, so be prepared to drop some serious cash into a hole.

patrick

It may cost alot but I think it would be cool to see a manual in a QC:rock: :rock:

kyle's srt10 said:
It may cost alot but I think it would be cool to see a manual in a QC:rock: :rock:

Or an auto RC, I am much more of a manual guys myself.
But a auto RC would be awesome!:burnout:

I think putting a GenIII motor and a auto tranny in a 1964 coupe deville sounds better!!!!!!!
:)

kyle's srt10 said:
The auto in the RC has already been done;)

until it shows up in my driveway and I smoke the crap out of the tires I wont believe it:D

BurntRubber said:
until it shows up in my driveway and I smoke the crap out of the tires I wont believe it:D

How about you trade me your GTS:dontknow: :D

kyle's srt10 said:
How about you trade me your GTS:dontknow: :D

how much tread do you have left on your tires, cuz mine are new on the viper:D :burnout:

BurntRubber said:
how much tread do you have left on your tires, cuz mine are new on the viper:D :burnout:

They still have alot of wear left to go:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back