How do I remove the tailgate?

SWIFT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure its a dumb question but how do I remove it? Does anybody know how much it weighs? Thanks

Undo the latches and just pull it off

the two cables just slide off the posts, lower the tailgate about 30 degrees and it just slides off the posts that hold it on...

Takes about 2 minutes, no tools

MYuGiOh Motorsports said:
the two cables just slide off the posts, lower the tailgate about 30 degrees and it just slides off the posts that hold it on...

Takes about 2 minutes, no tools
Protect your bumper with towels. The side bumperettes (sp?) too. It the tailgate gets away from you. You'll scratch something.

Damn, I tried one day and could not get it off for shit. Thanks I'll give it a shot tommorrow.

Nowwhat said:
open tailgate.....call roktman.....have him stand on the endge....presto.........

He wants to remove the tail gate....

I don't think he wants to remove the entire back of the truck

OOOOOOOOOH, the pain

MYuGiOh Motorsports said:
He wants to remove the tail gate....

I don't think he wants to remove the entire back of the truck

OOOOOOOOOH, the pain

bwwahhahaha......dump bed.....:D

undo the cable clips.....lower about 30 degrees and the right side of the tail gate will pull out towards you then the left side pops out. to put in....put left side in first then get at the propper angle and fit the right side back in its notch.....be careful i did scratch my bumper! it weighs about 50 or 60 pounds.....i took my tonneau off tonight and will try some runs w/ out the tail gate tomorrow night.

Rice Eater said:
undo the cable clips.....lower about 30 degrees and the right side of the tail gate will pull out towards you then the left side pops out. to put in....put left side in first then get at the propper angle and fit the right side back in its notch.....be careful i did scratch my bumper! it weighs about 50 or 60 pounds.....i took my tonneau off tonight and will try some runs w/ out the tail gate tomorrow night.
Thanks, I plan to take it off next track visit. I was hoping it weighed alittle more, lol. But every little bit helps.

...or, you could tie one end of a rope around the tailgate, the other end around a tree, back up as close as you can to the treee, then take off really hard...

let my 16 yr old borrow it, it will be useless before long

Last edited:
Texas Yellow Fever said:
...or, you could tie one end of a rope around the tailgate, the other end around a tree, back up as close as you can to the treee, then take off really hard...
Ha, I was going to suggest the same thing but mine used a logging chain.

SilvrSRT10 said:
Ha, I was going to suggest the same thing but mine used a logging chain.
rednecks use chains always a log chain close by

eddie102870 said:
rednecks use chains always a log chain close by

You just wouldn't believe how handy a logging chain is. From hoistin engines to towing Ford's & Chevy's out of mud holes. To teachin smart ass northerners how to behave.:D

SWIFT said:
Thanks, I plan to take it off next track visit. I was hoping it weighed alittle more, lol. But every little bit helps.

Drop your spare and jack also. I think all that together is about 150.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back