How fast are we?

Did you ever find that video?
Dig that thread up Homie.
I'll take a look and see if I can find video of Mickey. I was part of the group that went down with him. I don't remember what he ran. Only that it was a hot muggy day in middle of the swamp at an airport in the middle of nowhere. This is where it was held.....In that video posted he says he only ran 163 :dontknow:
Thanks for digging those videos up, Wes. Can't watch them now, headed out the door to breakfast.

The only video I have seen of Mickeys truck was one where he ran an 11.90 on street tires. The 187 was something he mentioned when I talked to him the other day. Maybe I misunderstood what he said regarding the 187. I was more interested in his 1/4 mile stuff. The reason I called his was because I am still looking for info on trucks that might qualify for the Quickest STR10 list. One thing I did gather from Mickey was that he has done some very cool stuff to his truck (complete belly panel, for example), and was cool enough to take 45 minutes out of his day to talk to some guy he's never met, about a subject he doesn't really care about (1/4 mile racing).

Hi, will try to get some pics sorted.

Fastest GPS measured speed of one of our guys from the
VTCOA / section Germany was 168 mph in a 05 QC with bolt ons.

We dont have speed limits but heavy traffic.

The videos posted from german autobahn by Wesalbert were not
from one of our members but some of our guys know him.
Never really made a real fast run, just posted every mile
he was driving on youtube....:confused:

Here is one from a german member from Berlin hitting 160mph

Last edited:
Thanks for digging those videos up, Wes. Can't watch them now, headed out the door to breakfast.

The only video I have seen of Mickeys truck was one where he ran an 11.90 on street tires. The 187 was something he mentioned when I talked to him the other day. Maybe I misunderstood what he said regarding the 187. I was more interested in his 1/4 mile stuff. The reason I called his was because I am still looking for info on trucks that might qualify for the Quickest STR10 list. One thing I did gather from Mickey was that he has done some very cool stuff to his truck (complete belly panel, for example), and was cool enough to take 45 minutes out of his day to talk to some guy he's never met, about a subject he doesn't really care about (1/4 mile racing).

Mickey is a great guy. Talked to him years ago about his goals and mods and actually bought some of my 6 speed swap right from his beast! His is 4l80 with gear vendor splitter so its an 8 speed!!! Sick beast:chain:
His goals are Florida Mile oriented not so much 1/4 mile although he loves both. :burnout:

Mickey is a great guy. Talked to him years ago about his goals and mods and actually bought some of my 6 speed swap right from his beast! His is 4l80 with gear vendor splitter so its an 8 speed!!! Sick beast:chain:
His goals are Florida Mile oriented not so much 1/4 mile although he loves both. :burnout:

He's ditched the 4L80e, and moved on to a different automatic. Sounds like he's building more power now too...

155mph several times in a '04.. It's crazy pushing the air out of the way with a 5000lb truck at that speed.

Who has gotten their's to top out? I'm guessing it's not much faster, 160mph maybe?:dontknow:

I got it up to 153 and she didnt seem like she had any more left in her. Shoulda seen all the small euro cars on the autobahn swerving out of the left lane when a 5K lb truck was barreling down the road.

In an attempt to bury the needle once, I've had mine a little over 150 before I had to let off.. seemed like she was still pulling.. Its not often I get the chance to open it up like that though, so haven't done it since..

135-140

Had a Vet running in my butt so once we got on the ramp we ran. I pulled him a little, I was over 100 by the time I merged on to the interstate. He stayed with me to 120 then let off I kept going looked down and noticed the needle just short of 140... butt puckered and I let off and coasted for a while.

I have been 147 in mine about a week after I got it on a fairly deserted section of highway. A few 140 stints but haven't been able to stretch her legs in a long time. My want for top speed is overpowered by the want to not need a lawyer or bail. State troopers have been heavily patrolling the best portions of highway in my area for quite some time. So for now it gets up to about 112-115 1/4 mile at a time(not my trap but I make sure I'm thru the traps before I let out)

160 with pics...truck felt solid and held the road well. Did it in 5th gear. When I shifted to 6th it lost speed.

Last edited:
160 in mine still had some left

OeIXg3g.jpg
:burnout:

145mph I didn't like how the stock suspension feels. I've been up to 175mph on my sport bike.

175 is INSANE on a bike. First time I broke 125 on my gixxer as a squid I made the mistake of lifting my head up. Nothing happened, but if I didnt have a death grip I probably would have flew right off.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back