How is the sub box attached?

big_ol_meat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has a lot of play in it when I tug on it. What attaches it to the plastic tool tray? I'd like to take it out to strengthen it a little for my subwoofer.

Thanks for asking this question, as I had yet to figure out how to remove the dang subwoofer too.

It has a lot of play in it when I tug on it. What attaches it to the plastic tool tray? I'd like to take it out to strengthen it a little for my subwoofer.

I tried doing that also,But that plastic enclosure always rattled.Also there is just not enough room in it.I had a box built for my 11" Focal.:rock:

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 4,747
I tried doing that also,But that plastic enclosure always rattled.Also there is just not enough room in it.I had a box built for my 11" Focal.:rock:
I'm doing the exact same thing. I didn't realize the ENTIRE box was plastic. MDF will be way better. I'll probably add a little more air space to it anyway. Not a big fan of smaller sealed boxes.

Thanks for asking this question, as I had yet to figure out how to remove the dang subwoofer too.

Subwoofer was really easy for mine. I removed the torx screws around the grille. Then I believe there were 2 or 3 phillips if I remember right. After that there was a small tab at the bottom right close to the driver's seat that I stuck a screw driver under to get leverage. It popped right out.

No...there is also a sub upgrade. L5 10" square sub and amp...I was just wondering about the construction of the sub box

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back