How low before you have to shorten the drive shaft?

I've said it before - hack away. The overabundance of rampant jackassery does nothing but make the trucks that haven't been homer simpson'd that much more rare... Keep it up senor sawzall....

You have to understand, as a new guy, you're like a freshman talking shit to a group of Senior Varsity jocks.

Or like being a Private and trying to talk to a group of Staff Sergeants.

Be tactful but remember we're all here for the same reason.

You have to understand, as a new guy, you're like a freshman talking shit to a group of Senior Varsity jocks.

There is nothing at a senior level going on here... All I see is the defending of halfassery. And I surely hope that here for the same thing doesn't mean here to stroke any guy who does something idiotic to a limited edition vehicle. These are limited run SRT vehicles not ford rangers.

Last edited:

HAHAHAHAHAHA When the Fuck did this become High School????

"A Private talking shit to Staff Sergeants"

More like an experienced Staff Sergeant trying to keep a 90 day wonder out of OCS from killing his whole platoon.

Can you say "Keyboard Commando" ......Negative Criticism is easy! Lets enjoy the innovation some of our members bring here! The frame notch is first class! when you concider what stresses might exist!

Can you say "Keyboard Commando" ......Negative Criticism is easy! Lets enjoy the innovation some of our members bring here! The frame notch is first class! when you concider what stresses might exist!

OK this is pointless. INNOVATION? HAHAHAHAHAHA And considering what stresses might exist, all I can say is Holy Shit.

Wait a minute, this is stroke city.

Awesome job buddy. Keep on Notchin

I don't understand... if someone wants to drive their 10 off a cliff, who are you to say anything about it since you didn't pay for it?

Too much worrying about what other people do with their money/ vehicles.... maybe you should try putting that energy into something more productive

Take it as being a troll, negative, whatever but here it is. If you do something as stupid as notch a frame (set aside earning a branded title/Carfax). And said vehicle is involved in a fatal accident there will be a shit storm to follow. Lawyers will find anyone to include when its a million dollar+ lawsuit.

So far nobody has thought far enough ahead to not create a structural damaged vehicle and sell it to some unsuspecting rube let alone all the repercussions of selling vehicle and passing the idiocy down the line.

Once again, its your car do what you want but half assery can affect others besides you... So take it as what it is...
Hack away and half ass on...

Last edited:
Take it as being a troll, negative, whatever but here it is. If you do something as stupid as notch a frame (set aside earning a branded title/Carfax). And said vehicle is involved in a fatal accident there will be a shit storm to follow. Lawyers will find anyone to include when its a million dollar+ lawsuit.

So far nobody has thought far enough ahead to not create a structural damaged vehicle and sell it to some unsuspecting rube let alone all the repercussions of selling vehicle and passing the idiocy down the line.

Once again, its your car do what you want but half assery can affect others besides you... So take it as what it is...
Hack away and half ass on...
You have too much time on your hands

You have too much time on your hands

Youre right.... Except I fill my time around here in disbelief looking at some of these "mods and improvements". Instead of actually hacking the shit out of my truck and posting pics documenting said halfassery....

Everyone has there own opinion I'll just leave it at that.;)
I won't.

I swapped in the T56 in my Ram and have serious vibration issues past 85mph.

I don't know if its related to the length of the driveshaft- but I think I am going to buy another shaft and see if that's the problem.
The problem is your driveshaft angles. I'll dig up a video that explains it.

Seriously? DoucheBag?? That's what you come back with? HAHAHAHA
It appears there is a buyer or 2 that got hornswoggled.

You notch a frame and with welds that look like they were done at a Meth Rehab Vocational training class and it's all OK?

That truck runs through any dealer or auction lane and it is noted as structural damage.

Who's the Douche?
Cool story, bro. Except that some of us have actual auction experience. That truck would fly through without 99% of buyers bating an eye.

Also I think the welds look great… So does every tweaker I asked. :D

Sorry dude, even if the weld looked a roll of dimes the instant the frame was cut it became a hack job. I camt understand compromising structural integrity for an extra inch or whatever of drop....
I'm not sure if you realize how much of a fool you just confirmed you are with this statement. Rather than delve into the science of welding/structural integrity, I'll just leave it be. Just know that anyone here who has professional welding experience is sitting at home laughing at your arm chair expertise.

Whatever. You clowns just don't get it. So if someone disagrees they are branded a troll?

Hack away laddie.
I don't think you are a troll, just a hater with little real world experience. And for the record, disagreeing is encouraged around here.

OK this is pointless. INNOVATION? HAHAHAHAHAHA And considering what stresses might exist, all I can say is Holy Shit.

Wait a minute, this is stroke city.

Awesome job buddy. Keep on Notchin
Some people here are average guys talking about trucks they like. Some, like Slitherbeast, have certifiable expertise regarding SRT10's. Pay attention to what he says and you might learn a thing or two.

^^^ This guy won't give it up..:sleep::D
I like people that stick around to defend their position.

I swapped in the T56 in my Ram and have serious vibration issues past 85mph.

I don't know if its related to the length of the driveshaft- but I think I am going to buy another shaft and see if that's the problem.
Here ya go Pete:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmV4qwLfOMY[/ame]

I won't.

The problem is your driveshaft angles. I'll dig up a video that explains it.

Cool story, bro. Except that some of us have actual auction experience. That truck would fly through without 99% of buyers bating an eye.

Also I think the welds look great… So does every tweaker I asked. :D

I'm not sure if you realize how much of a fool you just confirmed you are with this statement. Rather than delve into the science of welding/structural integrity, I'll just leave it be. Just know that anyone here who has professional welding experience is sitting at home laughing at your arm chair expertise.

I don't think you are a troll, just a hater with little real world experience. And for the record, disagreeing is encouraged around here.

Some people here are average guys talking about trucks they like. Some, like Slitherbeast, have certifiable expertise regarding SRT10's. Pay attention to what he says and you might learn a thing or two.

I like people that stick around to defend their position.

You win. The truck isn't half assed, it wont have a branded title/Carfax. It isnt structurally fucked, It doesn't look like it was welded with a battery, jumper cables and a nail. There will be no issues if said vehicle is involved in any accident. And it will have no auction issues especially is a psi is ordered. And having said fuckery on one SRT wont scare potential buyers from other trucks that are for sale... Great job keep on cutting...

You win. The truck isn't half assed, it wont have a branded title/Carfax. It isnt structurally fucked, It doesn't look like it was welded with a battery, jumper cables and a nail. There will be no issues if said vehicle is involved in any accident. And it will have no auction issues especially is a psi is ordered. And having said fuckery on one SRT wont scare potential buyers from other trucks that are for sale... Great job keep on cutting...

Don't quit, it's unbecoming. Provide some factual basis for either of your arguments (structural integrity compromised / value reduced), so we can actually have a discussion.

What I learned from this is you should weld your u-joints together to fix the vibration caused by the angle.

Pretty sure it's the driveshaft length/critical speed that is causing the vibrations. I had the same issue, swapped to a carbon fiber shaft and problems were gone.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back