How many of you still have the STOCK Shifter?

JMB Justin said:
I just put a B+M in mine, what an enormous difference! My stocker wouldnt even pull itself over to the 3-4 gate from the 1-2 gate, it just stayed there. It made even regular driving annoying as you had to think about every shift. I could powershift third with it consistently, but it was just too sloppy. The B+M shifts much much better and self centers very well, the only downfall is a slight resonance under acceleration (10 volume or higher on the stereo and you cant hear it at all), but I havent messed with it at all to reduce the noise yet. Overall very pleased with it, and the wife says its much easier to drive as well.
Justin
You let your wife drive it? :eek:

My wife has never been near the drivers seat of mine, lol. :D

The b and m is a great unit especially for the price, Garys new shifter in my opinion is a tad better, but for racing purposes.

all aftermarket ones will give you more noise ,but htat can be taken care of with a little tlc.

Oh and Black one you need a floor shifter:D

the guys seen Joannes at Bradenton and loved it!:p

ViperTruck2933 said:
You let your wife drive it? :eek:

My wife has never been near the drivers seat of mine, lol. :D

Mine's scared of it and she can't drive a manual trans equipped vehicle:rock: :D

I'm still running the stock shifter but with some minor modification. I tightened up the rubber isolator by making some spacers (1/8th inch). It removed most of the sloppiness and helped hit third more consistently. I may still someday go with an aftermarket. Changing the fluid helps too.

Still Using The Stock Shifter....................It's An Automatic...................AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha:D :burnout:

i still have my stock shifter and i can hit all the gears all day long.. just took 10K of driving it hard to get on to it 100% .. i see no benifit in chaning to a new shifter.. you just have to learn how to use it and your all ok..

WILDMAN said:
I still have my stock shifter. I don't have any problems hitting 3rd. But I had to learn how to shift it. You have to pay attention to what you are doing.

Wade

Well, looks like the Wildman Wadester has pretty much wrapped things up for me on this thread.:D

BigTruck_SRT-10 said:
Stock shifter here, however I've just pm'd Boomer so hopefully it changes soon. :D

I am planning to sell my truck in the spring,so I could sell you mine.Like new,works great.

SilvrSRT10 said:
I'm still running the stock shifter but with some minor modification. I tightened up the rubber isolator by making some spacers (1/8th inch). It removed most of the sloppiness and helped hit third more consistently. I may still someday go with an aftermarket. Changing the fluid helps too.

More info and pics PLEASE :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back