HOW MANY RWHP???????????

TMCNORWAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi My name is Mark, Living in Norway.

Just Bought Yellow Fever 158/500 reg cab six speed - 1000miles only
I,m having a lot of mods done now during the winter here.

Could anyone tell me what kind of rwhp to expect from the following mods.

PAXTON SUPERCHARGER running at (12 PSI) PULLEY upgrade

HUGE AIR to AIR INTERCOOLER

EXHAUST SYSTEM -LONG HEADERS, MID & HIGH FLOW CATS

FORGED PISTONS

FORGED RODS

CUSTOM CAMSHAFTS

CUSTOM CYLINDER HEADS (ported, and high performance valve springs)

SHAFT MOUNTED ROCKER ARMS (1.7 RATIO)

PORTED THROTLE BODY

PERFORMANCE CLUTCH AND LIGHTWEIGHT FLYWHEEL

LARGER INJECTORS (70lb/h)

BALANCED MOTOR

RUNNING on 99 OCTAN

Thanks up-front for any answers.

TMCNORWAY said:

FORGED PISTONS

FORGED RODS

CUSTOM CAMSHAFTS

PORTED THROTLE BODY

BALANCED MOTOR

RUNNING on 99 OCTAN

Welcome to the RBC, Looks like you have a good mod list going.

hey welcome to the site man, hopefully ramfromhell, fstjack, or JMBjustin will chime in for you soon. they all have found out recently that the paxton can't keep up on a heavily modded motor. with stock heads and 12psi you should be over 700hp at the wheels from my understanding. but if the heads flow too much the paxton won't make boost. Ramfromhell and fstjack's trucks could only get to about 3.5-4psi of boost and then the paxton couldn't keep up...

Welcome to the club:rock: and congrats on the new truck. People with more knowledge than me will speak up soon. There have been some recent problems with the paxton on big builds. With the stock heads and stroke, I think you'll be ok:dontknow:

You might not like the lightweight flywheel... it's a heavy ass truck man. Many people on here have tried it and switched back.

Good luck with the build... it'll be a beast:D

nevermind you are already registered here is a pic of your truck good lookin btw
yf158.jpg

LoveThisTruck said:
Welcome to the club:rock: and congrats on the new truck. People with more knowledge than me will speak up soon. There have been some recent problems with the paxton on big builds. With the stock heads and stroke, I think you'll be ok:dontknow:

You might not like the lightweight flywheel... it's a heavy ass truck man. Many people on here have tried it and switched back.

Good luck with the build... it'll be a beast:D
yeah ditch the flywheel for sure he is doin headwork with a custom cam not good:dontknow:

505'sFastestViper. said:
yeah ditch the flywheel for sure he is doin headwork with a custom cam not good:dontknow:

Yup, it's a good thing he checked in here first:D Fstjack and Ramfromhell will tell you all about it Mark

TMCNORWAY said:

FORGED PISTONS

FORGED RODS

CUSTOM CAMSHAFTS

PORTED THROTLE BODY

BALANCED MOTOR

RUNNING on 99 OCTAN

you will probably make between 650-700rwhp IF, ditch the cylinder heads, the paxton only flows so much, the lightweight flywheel ditch it too, the trucks are just to heavy.
larger injectors are not needed really.

air to air intercooler , eh, if you do a cyro set up may help some.

but a off the shelf paxton willonly make so much, it only flows a certain cfm and if you go with too big a cam or heads, then the paxton cannot keep up.

everything else, I can handle, build and all;)

heck i even have a paxton for sale in the buy/sell area

Stinker said:
you will probably make between 650-700rwhp IF, ditch the cylinder heads, the paxton only flows so much, the lightweight flywheel ditch it too, the trucks are just to heavy.
larger injectors are not needed really.

air to air intercooler , eh, if you do a cyro set up may help some.

but a off the shelf paxton willonly make so much, it only flows a certain cfm and if you go with too big a cam or heads, then the paxton cannot keep up.

everything else, I can handle, build and all;)

heck i even have a paxton for sale in the buy/sell area
very informative !!!!! You are a huge asset to this forum and you are greatly appreciated!!:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

What suggestions does anyone have regards to my build, i can probably change the s/c. But I really dont like top mounted S/c's. Any other options

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
call JMB and get the single turbo set up, just look at 505s sig line:rock:
exactly a turbo is a much better way to go:rock: you get better drivability, and more or less power at your command

TMCNORWAY said:
What suggestions does anyone have regards to my build, i can probably change the s/c. But I really dont like top mounted S/c's. Any other options

If you're after "big power"... 800rwhp or more, then turbos is the only PROVEN way. If you're happy with 650-700 then the paxton will be fine. Leave the stock heads/cam.
Have you ever driven a truck with a ROE S/C?? If not, you should... might change your mind about the top mount blower:D

TMCNORWAY said:

justin is also working on a bigger blower set up also , one that would work well with larger heads and cams and such.

that might be a way to go also.

i think 505 has a pic of it somewhere

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back