How many tunes will an SCT hold??

Tork_MoNsTeR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many tunes will an SCT tuner hold at once? I want to be able to hold a couple tunes for when I go No2. 1 for N/A... 1 for a 100 shot... then 1 for a 200 shot when I get built and cammed. Just curious if a SCT will do it or do I need to go VEC3??

Anyone with an SCT or VEC chime in at any point. You think that an SCT or VEC will work more efficient for what Im trying to do?? Pros and cons of each??

I was told by the tuner that the sct will actually hold 10 tunes

I believe VEC can have as many cards as you want to buy as each card holds a different tune. The SCT I have not had so I can not tell you.

SCT 3 tunes plus the stock tune...VEC...unlimited only by how many tuning cards you can afford.....the SCT actually flashes a program into the computer.....the VEC fools the computer into doing what you want...both are excellent...VEC just requires much more wiring and install....SCT just plugs in..

3 tunes when you order using your trucks specs.
You can get more if or when you modify or need to change a tune via your PC.

Carlwalski said:
3 tunes when you order using your trucks specs.
You can get more if or when you modify or need to change a tune via your PC.

That is a good point Carl....you can store unlimited tunes on your PC and transfer to your SCT...but the SCT will only hold 3 at a time...plus the stored stock tune..

TNVIPER said:
That is a good point Carl....you can store unlimited tunes on your PC and transfer to your SCT...but the SCT will only hold 3 at a time...plus the stored stock tune..
Thanks. Just email your tuner and have them email you your new tune with your new specs. 3 (IMO) is ample at any one time.
If you require more than 3 tunes while out driving around you have problems! :laugh: :D

Carlwalski said:
Thanks. Just email your tuner and have them email you your new tune with your new specs. 3 (IMO) is ample at any one time.
If you require more than 3 tunes while out driving around you have problems! :laugh: :D

I have a 100 octane, 97 and 93 tune on mine.....but you could store other tunes...maybe a gas mizer tune among others..

Word of caution, I was attempting to load the installer program from SCT and hit the wrong key.:(

My SCT went tit's up and now I have to send it back to them to fix.:mad:

TORK, I am telling you that you need to get that SCT. I can not tell you off the bat, you will notice the difference. It is off the Chain. It will hold 3. I just have the Stock & 93 octane. I would not give that Vec a second thought, just go ahead and get the SCT as your next mod

So do you just hook the tuner up to your computer thorough a USb cable? Will Window's recognize it to install the required software for the tuner? Will it just install the tunes in a specified folder? Cause I have some looney tunes that I may want to use..

Venom Power said:
So do you just hook the tuner up to your computer thorough a USb cable? Will Window's recognize it to install the required software for the tuner? Will it just install the tunes in a specified folder? Cause I have some looney tunes that I may want to use..

Marty has a sticky thread explaining that you need to download a program called liveload from SCT first, but be careful to FU like I did.:(

supercar1of1 said:
Marty has a sticky thread explaining that you need to download a program called liveload from SCT first, but be careful to FU like I did.:(

Then, that makes me wonder if Marty's instructions are correct..

supercar1of1 said:

No it was 100% my fault.:( :( :( :mad:

Okay then... Where is the sticky? I tried a quick search looking for live load and was unsuccessful.. Maybe I should have tried harder.

I couldn't notice anything majorly different in mine, nothing like "whoa!!". I'm not sure anyone can honestly say they did. Throttle response was slightly improved, the idle ran smoother, it cleared my CEL for catless pipes and just felt better. I also swear to God the A/C felt colder. Oil temps were cool and stayed that way and this was on a spring day during an 8 hour drive, no worries. Plus, it allows you to clear and detect trouble codes if the 3+Key cluster trick fails to provide enough info. I love mine. I keep it in the lower console in a Dodge Ram bag with other bits and pieces (Manuals, CEL/DTC Codes, LED Lenser, spare caps and tire valves, etc). It's there if I need it. I have a Dodge Ram first aid on top of that bag. Lid closes perfectly and it's snug. The first time I used the SCT was on the side of the road clearing a CEL 02 code on a drive up north. Loaded a tune and away I went.

:)

Batram_Bag1.JPG

Batram_Bag2.JPG

Batram_Bag3.JPG

Batram_Bag4.JPG

Batram_Bags1.JPG

Batram_Bags1.JPG

Dodge....Ram...First-aid......KIT?!?!? Well, the BatRam DOES look like it's well equipped to take on villains..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back