How much wiggle room do i have with this

lol ya the sun roof thing threw me way off lol. wesalberts truck would be sick. and a much better deal. and your all right. im going to keep my eye out on the VTCOA and ONLY THE VTCOA for a truck. with that i KNOW the history because everyone here is a family and there isnt much hiding things around here lol thanks for all the responses guys :rock:

I like the roof....But then again I've only had one for a few weeks now...I open mine [or just the cover] almost every time I drive it..Really..

If all else fails, you got wiggle room due to it being lowered. An unmolested SRT should fetch top dollar, even with low miles.

Malbe72 said:
Here's my .02, dont buy it. The KBB on it may be $30+. So what! Stealerships SUCK! I highly suggest buying one from someone from the VTCOA or that "other" site. The mileage is great...but SO WHAT! Its still a plain jane SRT-10. If it was a CE or other special edition than the mileage would be in your favor. But its not so the 'LOW LOW mileage" doesnt mean a thing. You will be getting ripped off at 27995. You can find one for WAY cheaper than that and it will have most of the required mods already done. There are a few things that have to be fixed ASAP and most if not 99% on here already have it done. I can pretty much guarantee you the stealership hasnt done a damn thing except rip someone off on their trade in and then jack the price to high heaven and wait for some sucker to come along and bite on it. Dont Do it! I will tell you from experience that you will get a better deal on one from this forum. I did! I got my '06 QC NR edition over $10K off from KBB value and the truck has over $15K of upgrades done to it....:aetsch: Just Sayin! Your choice!
It's hard to consider any truck, that is part of a total 3 yr production run of less then 10,000 vehicles, (remember, a bad yr for the car industry is 12,000,000 vehicles sold) a "plain jane" SRT 10. Especially an '06, in mineral gray. I have also never heard any claim here, or anywhere, that "low mileage doesn't mean a thing", so, if two '06's were side by side and one had 6,000 miles and the other 20,000 miles, (and were the exact same price), you wouldn't have a preference. Hmmmmm. I also think you may be a bit harsh stating "you will be getting ripped off", as much as there is little compassion for dealers. The most important issue here is, whether or not the vehicle "checks out". If it's everything they say it is, and can be verified, the price is probably not too far out of line. If it's really what you want, try to negotiate another couple of bucks off the price.
The one thing that everyone should keep in mind, is, a used vehicle is unique, and difficult to price compare. Obviously there are many factors to consider, I believe mileage is certainly one of them, along with condition, service records, etc.
At the end of the day, if this is what you have been looking for, there probably isn't another around EXACTLY like it. Negotiate what YOU think is a good deal, ....and..... dare I say it,..... BUY IT!!:)
PS Don't forget you are asking this "wiggle room" question on the VTCOA website.:rock:

Last edited:
To know how wiggly the wiggle room is, first you how much he has in it. If he won't give you a straight answer then be careful how you gow about it. There are too many of these for sale right now to jump on this. I paid 2000 less for an 05 COMPLETELY STOCK that was babied with 3,900 miles... and the dealer said they had 24000 in it. It took three days of talking for me to finally get that from them.

Here's what you can do, I bought mine in the last week of October and heres what I did.
They wanted 29500 for it and maybe could have gotten it eventually. But the truck was in Cleveland OH and had been for sale for 2 months already. So after 5 days of telling them 25k 25k 25k...

I told the dealer's manager, look, just tell me up front how much you've got in it and that way I can look at this in the sense of you gotta make a dollar and I know that, and I want a good truck for a steal... just being honest. He was like "I can't tell you that" and I said. "Look I'm not BSing you I want this truck it's pretty much Nov already, people are gonna start saving for Christmas, it's a bad economy, and as soon as the first snow hits your screwed hahahahhahaa, he sighed and knew it... he said I've got 24 in it plus servicing it when it came in. I offered him 25,5 and he said 26,5 and I reluctantly got it for 26... end of story...

Last edited:
My advise, don't just jump on the first one you can, just because finances may work for you all of a sudden. I took three months to find mine.

Looking back I wish I'd held out for a CE or a VCA, but who doesnt, I wanted a black one because I liked the color since they were prototypes, but for collectibility I wanted the other CE or VCA... But I'm extremely happy with mine regardless.

but if you really want THAT ONE! let us know, and I say a few of us from the site call the dealer one person per day for about 5 days and offer him 23,5; 23,; 23,7; 23; and after 5 days of hearin well they aren't going for much more than 23-24 then he'll be baited for an offer of 24,5 I think... :)

I looked and waited for years...I found a great truck at a good price But had to fly to pick it up.Ask for the service records it tells a lot more than a carfax..

bossharp said:
I looked and waited for years...I found a great truck at a good price But had to fly to pick it up.Ask for the service records it tells a lot more than a carfax..
Some people do their own servicing, so some trucks won't have a service record

this is true. im sitting around and really thinking on it. iv seen some ce's and a vcoa for not much more or around the same price. at the end of the day your right get EXACTLY what you want, how you want, and for the price you want. i will probibly use the advice and hold out and wait for the perfect deal to me on a VCOA or CE. yes i have expensive taste but i plan on taking this truck to my grave. and those two catch my eye the most. modded or not when the times comes it will hopefully fall perfectly in place. and im making financial changes as we speak to rush this lol. i have been dying for a 10 for 6 years now and kick my self in the ass SOOOO bad for not fighting on a silver 05 with orange stripes locally here a few years back that i went 2 buy and got in a bidding war with some german guy. I WILL HAVE MY 10!!!:rock: :rock: i just have to fight for it thats all.

2004ram1500 said:
this is true. im sitting around and really thinking on it. iv seen some ce's and a vcoa for not much more or around the same price. at the end of the day your right get EXACTLY what you want, how you want, and for the price you want. i will probibly use the advice and hold out and wait for the perfect deal to me on a VCOA or CE. yes i have expensive taste but i plan on taking this truck to my grave. and those two catch my eye the most. modded or not when the times comes it will hopefully fall perfectly in place. and im making financial changes as we speak to rush this lol. i have been dying for a 10 for 6 years now and kick my self in the ass SOOOO bad for not fighting on a silver 05 with orange stripes locally here a few years back that i went 2 buy and got in a bidding war with some german guy. I WILL HAVE MY 10!!!:rock: :rock: i just have to fight for it thats all.

Yea man. Get exactly the one you want. If you do that, you will not mind the monthly truck payment because you got the one you liked best.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back