how much you think i can "beat up" a dealer?

That is a real clean ride. Toyota doesnt offer shit for their trade-ins. So im sure the previous owner got shafted unless they got it from auction. I agree with brat, offer 27,500ish, leave them a business card and let them call you at the end of the week when they have their sales meeting. plus its the end of the month, and youd be lucky if they havent hit there quota yet!

do you think maybe i can get them under $25000, if i said i'll put down a down payment of $10000?

that is one of my fear, since its a Toyota dealer, they wont know Dodges and want top dollar

My experience is cash doesnt carry the weight at a dealer like is used too. They probably wont care how they get the money. Mom and pop used car dealer that wants the money sooner than later, Maybe? But a toyota dealer wont care.

I dont think it would hurt to offer 25,000, they may counter with 27k? depends on how bad the last owner got shafted. They are going to turn a profit with there fees anyway

do you think maybe i can get them under $25000, if i said i'll put down a down payment of $10000?

that is one of my fear, since its a Toyota dealer, they wont know Dodges and want top dollar

However if you got it for 27,500 with a 10k down payment youd be sitting with a monthly payment around $300-325 depending on your rate and term of course.

i would get your financing ready before hand...that way you have it all, either in cash or wire transfer... walk in, tell them OUT THE DOOR at your max price...tell them it's a cash offer (since you'll have all your money at once)...$25k, $27k whatever, and like was said...leave a card...and DON'T budge if they call you back at the end of the week and want $30k.... it is the end of the month;)

did you see this one. At first i wanted it super bad but then got to thinking about all the taxes id have to pay (bought my original 10 for a private seller so no taxes involved) and intrest id have to pay (most of the monthly payment goes towards the principal now) and tack on another yr of paying truck notes and searching for any little bugs with the truck that need fixed accoring to my standards (wasting unnecessary money) lol

First Leasing Auto - Miami, Florida - Inventory Details - 2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10 $27,991.00

Last edited:
did you see this one. At first i wanted it super bad but then got to thinking about all the taxes id have to pay (bought my original 10 for a private seller so no taxes involved) and intrest id have to pay (most of the monthly payment goes towards the principal now) and tack on another yr of paying truck notes and searching for any little bugs with the truck that need fixed accoring to my standards (wasting unnecessary money) lol

First Leasing Auto - Miami, Florida - Inventory Details - 2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10 $27,991.00

yea i saw that truck before, but i just dont want to deal with getting it shipped to me

i got the carfax from the dealer, its a 2 owner truck that came from VA. It was last for sell in VA on March 14, 2011 and the Toyota bought it via an Auto Auction at the beginning of June

yea i saw that truck before, but i just dont want to deal with getting it shipped to me

i got the carfax from the dealer, its a 2 owner truck that came from VA. It was last for sell in VA on March 14, 2011 and the Toyota bought it via an Auto Auction at the beginning of June

Oh yeah i for got to mention the only thing with this truck was on the car fax it showed when it had an accident in the rear. Didnt give any details to how light (finder bender or scratch) or heavy the damage was.

i got a good deal on my rc it had 19k miles, these trucks set on the lots for months because of gas prices and they are a special buyer truck i let the dealer know that and made a offer that i stood firmly with. and got my truck after a few hours of there bullshit. they begin to see thing my way lol. i told the sale manager that i had a college ed. and didnt like being treated like a dumbass redneck and he said deal. lol:dontknow: they was really pissing me off and i think he knew that well had a deal over the phone and they tryed to back track on that deal after i drove 2 hours to the lot. any way i got the truck and love it ever since.:)

I bought my wifes 2007 300 SRT 8 on the last day of the month and on the last day of the year 2009. It only had 16000 miles and loaded out and a 1 owner car. I had been watching this car for over a month. Between the economy and the constant snow and bad weather I had an advantage. Went in a test drove 3 different 300's. They were and had been asking 32,000 for this one. Went and drove it with the dealer. Came back in and offered him 20,000 cash. He told me that he couldn't do it, no way, no how. I asked if he would take the offer to the sales manager, he said he would, but told me to expect the same answer from him. He came back with the sales manager, the sales manager said they couldn't let me have it for 20,000, but if I bought today they would let it go for 21,200. I told them to write it up. Last day of the month works really good. I bought my Daughter's BMW, they were asking 6,600 for it. We discussed the price, I told him I thought it was to high, he told me to make him an offer, I told him I would give him 2,500, ended up getting it for 2,800. This was at one of Tulsa's biggest Chevy dealers. Last day of January. My wife about fainted when they gave it to us for 2,800, after elbowing me for offering 2,500. the Beemer had a loan value of over 7,000.
Wait till the last day of this month go in and really lowball them, if not, wait till the end of July. These trucks aren't blowing out of the dealers with the gas and economy the way it is. It never hurts to ask, you just might get what you want.

whats the difference in going during the last day of the month compared to anyother day?

The dealership makes an annual sales goal that it needs to meet production. It sends this to corporate and they sign off, whether or not they think they will be profitable. They calculate sales figures for the past 5 years on a monthly basis and use current market conditions to estimate what they think they can make. Every month that have a quota that they need to hit to make that monthly goal, and the results of which are sent up to corporate. There are certain incentives both for the salesman, and the dealership if they meet these goals. Toward the end of the month there is a sales meeting between management and staff and they go over the current sales figures and what they need to do to meet the goal.

They will try to liquidate the stock that they are most right side up on to meet that goal. That means they try to make the deal, sometimes killer deals, as long as they can turn some profit and keep inventory moving. The longer the car is on the lot, the lower dollar amount that was invested by the dealer in aquiring it the better deal you get.

Last edited:
The dealership makes an annual sales goal that it needs to meet production. It sends this to corporate and they sign off, whether or not they think they will be profitable. They calculate sales figures for the past 5 years on a monthly basis and use current market conditions to estimate what they think they can make. Every month that have a quota that they need to hit to make that monthly goal, and the results of which are sent up to corporate. There are certain incentives both for the salesman, and the dealership if they meet these goals. Toward the end of the month there is a sales meeting between management and staff and they go over the current sales figures and what they need to do to meet the goal.

They will try to liquidate the stock that they are most right side up on to meet that goal. That means they try to make the deal, sometimes killer deals, as long as they can turn some profit and keep inventory moving. The longer the car is on the lot, the lower dollar amount that was invested by the dealer in aquiring it the better deal you get.

Exactly right, I bought both of those cars during bad weather, which works in your favor. Right now the economy and gas prices can work in your favor. The Chrysler dealership told me that they hadn't sold a single car in over a week. Also the more cars they sell the better their dealer incentives they get from GM, Ford or Chrysler. They are set up to keep their money fluid at all times. Whats really funny is I was high bidder on Ebay 2 weeks earlier at 24,900 and it didn't make the reserve and they didn't let it go. I really wanted my wife's car but I never let them know it.

So the best bet is for me to wait till the end of the month? There is no way i would be able to get the deal done tomorrow, i was going to go the tuesday after the 4th. To see what i can do.

I did noticed on the carfax, the truck must of sat a long time when it was sold in March in VA till the auto auction beginning of June, so maybe it can sit another 30days :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back