how much you think i can "beat up" a dealer?

did you see this one. At first i wanted it super bad but then got to thinking about all the taxes id have to pay (bought my original 10 for a private seller so no taxes involved) and intrest id have to pay (most of the monthly payment goes towards the principal now) and tack on another yr of paying truck notes and searching for any little bugs with the truck that need fixed accoring to my standards (wasting unnecessary money) lol

First Leasing Auto - Miami, Florida - Inventory Details - 2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10 $27,991.00

Joe went and looked at it for someone else. The truck is trashed.

So the best bet is for me to wait till the end of the month? There is no way i would be able to get the deal done tomorrow, i was going to go the tuesday after the 4th. To see what i can do.

I did noticed on the carfax, the truck must of sat a long time when it was sold in March in VA till the auto auction beginning of June, so maybe it can sit another 30days :rock:

27K would be fair. That's what I paid for my '06 QC with 19,000 miles. That was two years ago. For some reason the '06 truck seem to hold their value a bit better.

That is great news Steve....... for us anyways. :rock: Sorry '04-'05 fellas. :(

I follow SRT-10's alot like I'm sure most of us do. I always look at the ones for sale to see what mine are worth or what the market is like. I found an 06 qc with 2,800 miles on it that was at a dealer in the state of Washington. They didn't have a price listed so most of the time that means they want way to much. I called the dealer just to see what the asking price was and I expected to hear around 35,000. When the salesmen told me 28,000 I just about **** my pants. I told him I would give him 27,000 total and that included shipping it to me in Sc. After going back and forh a few times they took the deal. I really feel like I stole this truck. This is my fourth red button and I love them.

Only thing I would suggest is really check out what kind of accident damage it has had. Not sure if your plans are to keep it forever or not, but it's good to know what you are getting and as mentioned above a great bargaining chip. If you aren't going to keep it for too long, then make sure you steal it, as the accident on the Carfax will limit the potential buyers even if it's something minor. That's just my opinion after after going through way too many cars (about 60).

Only thing I would suggest is really check out what kind of accident damage it has had. Not sure if your plans are to keep it forever or not, but it's good to know what you are getting and as mentioned above a great bargaining chip. If you aren't going to keep it for too long, then make sure you steal it, as the accident on the Carfax will limit the potential buyers even if it's something minor. That's just my opinion after after going through way too many cars (about 60).

There is 2 different links of trucks, one is in my area #1 Post and another located in Florida, im looking at the PA truck. I dont see any accidents listed on the PA truck

There is 2 different links of trucks, one is in my area #1 Post and another located in Florida, im looking at the PA truck. I dont see any accidents listed on the PA truck

Oh, so sorry, that's what I get for multi tasking. :(

Like I posted earlier. The Florida truck is very rough.

What's so rough about the Florida truck? Just curious, it looks to be in decent shape in the pics. Just curious what they have covered up.

so did ya get it or what

no, i didnt go down to the dealer yesterday, im going to wait till the end of July to make an offer if they have it still. I might go Tuesday to check it out and possibly test drive it. Im in the "books" to show up around 2:30 tuesday at the dealer

Looks like a nice truck. I see it has a set of headers on it. Kind of wondering why the tires were changed with only 18,000 miles on it. I just bought one that was in the state of Washington with 2,000 miles on it. Last months there was two other ones also online one with 8,000 miles and one with 10,000 miles. They both sold for around 28,000 and I got mine for 26,000. just don't be in a hurry and find the right one. This is my 4th 06 srt-10 and there are alot of nice ones just sitting covered up in someone's garage. The cherry low mile ones pop up all the time, you just have to be ready to jump on them. Good Luck

Times is on your side. I was looking on Ebay, lots of them for sale on there. I got mine out of Ohio. They were asking 29,000, offered them 21,000 and they took it, it only had 3013 miles on it and that was 3 years ago.

Looks like a nice truck. I see it has a set of headers on it. Kind of wondering why the tires were changed with only 18,000 miles on it. I just bought one that was in the state of Washington with 2,000 miles on it. Last months there was two other ones also online one with 8,000 miles and one with 10,000 miles. They both sold for around 28,000 and I got mine for 26,000. just don't be in a hurry and find the right one. This is my 4th 06 srt-10 and there are alot of nice ones just sitting covered up in someone's garage. The cherry low mile ones pop up all the time, you just have to be ready to jump on them. Good Luck

Didnt noticed it had a new set of headers, i couldnt tell because the pics are dark, at has the options i want (navi and sunroof) also i like the a pervious owner did the Volant air intake.

I been looking for the past few years, but wasnt serious until a few months ago, when I get some inheritance money due to my grandfather passing.

Before I go to check it out, im going to call up my insurance agent Tuesday to see what kind of increase my plan will be.

Times is on your side. I was looking on Ebay, lots of them for sale on there. I got mine out of Ohio. They were asking 29,000, offered them 21,000 and they took it, it only had 3013 miles on it and that was 3 years ago.

$21000? Nice find

Last edited:
Didnt noticed it had a new set of headers, i couldnt tell because the pics are dark, at has the options i want (navi and sunroof) also i like the a pervious owner did the Volant air intake.

I been looking for the past few years, but wasnt serious until a few months ago, when I get some inheritance money due to my grandfather passing.

Before I go to check it out, im going to call up my insurance agent Tuesday to see what kind of increase my plan will be.

$21000? Nice find

I looked for about 2 months hard. At the time I thought I stole it. When I retired from the Tulsa Fire Dept. every guy on the job gave a little over 20.00 each. It ended up being 19,880 dollars and thats what I bought it with. Pretty cool. Good luck in your search, look every where you can and you will find what you want.

i have a question for you all, if/when i go to the dealer is there anything i should look for to make sure nothing is messed up or would might need to be replaced in the future? Should i ask them to put it on a lift to checkout the underneath?

have them put it up so you can look at it
leaky oil cooler lines can be easly hiddin and make a nice mess
and look for cracked paint more than rust

Yep, I always have them put cars on the lift and I get really anal about looking it over. They shouldnt give you any problems about asking that, all your doing is checking out an investment and they should be more than willing do do what it takes to make a sale, specially something as easy as putting it on a lift

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back