How to disable the control lamp after removing airbags and airbag control unit?

eiky

Reaction score
Hello,
Airbags and airbag control unit are removed completely.

How can the airbag control lamp in the instruments be disabled now?

Is it possible to change programming in the instrument?

I would say remove the bulb. I am unaware of anyway to disable the system and get the lamp out any other way.

I would say remove the bulb. I am unaware of anyway to disable the system and get the lamp out any other way.

Thank you for your quick reply.

I do not know if it can be removed as it is a LED.
If there is no other solution I will open the instrument tomorrow and check it.

Hello,
Airbags and airbag control unit are removed completely.

How can the airbag control lamp in the instruments be disabled now?

Is it possible to change programming in the instrument?

I gotta ask....why yank them out? And how much do they weigh, might end up missing on my truck too:D

well you have the airbag light from a failure to communicate to the modules as you have removed them. so i would think based off that its a communications code if you were to check it with a scanner. the best bet would be to remove the light, as i don't think otherwise it will go out. atleast in other cars i've worked on thats the case for those kind of lights.

example- my friends car throws a red brake light because i have the abs module unplugged in it cause he is poor and cant afford 1 wheel speed sensor at 40 bucks, and otherwise it kicks the pedal up at you constantly.

Also you can use a resistor in place to replicate the resistance the module outs in the circuit if you know the wiring ;-)
Easier for Chris or B&G to tune out :)

Also you can use a resistor in place to replicate the resistance the module outs in the circuit if you know the wiring ;-)
Easier for Chris or B&G to tune out :)

Thank you. :top:
I wanted to do that too, but could not find wiring diagram of lights control in the service manual.
It seems to be integrated inside the instruments.

Have send inquiry to B&G now.

Would be fine to get some more information about lights and airbag control in the instruments.

Maybe it is possible to reconnect the brake lights to the control with wiring diagram.
Without I have no chance.

Edit: sorry reply was for brake lamp problem.

The failure indication in the airbag system is: fault in communication with airbag unit.
It seems that airbag lamp problem can be solved with software update only.

Last edited:
Still no way found to disable the airbag lamp.

The only solution I know is to open the instruments and to cover the LED with black paint.

Not very nice, but will help.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back