How to get 525 hp

snake2144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello everyone,

does anyone have a proven formula on how to get 525 horsepower to the rear wheels without nitrous or a supercharger........I'm going to spend some money I just need to know what to buy to get my end result!

thanks in advance
julian

snake2144 said:
hello everyone,

does anyone have a proven formula on how to get 525 horsepower to the rear wheels without nitrous or a supercharger........I'm going to spend some money I just need to know what to buy to get my end result!

thanks in advance
julian

"there's no replacment for displacment"

FORGOT THE ORIGINATOR...

snake2144 said:
hello everyone,

thanks in advance
julian
Yes,
PBJ Performance just installed custom grind cam and ported heads, intake runners and throttle body. 535 rwhp and 566 rwtrq.
No belts, no bottles to fill, just gobs of huge torque all the way across the power band. My truck makes over 500 foot pounds by 3400 rpms and it stays over 500 all the way past 5500 rpms. Has a nice lopey rumble to boot.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11053

Last edited:
Much easier to do NOS or SC than tearing your engine apart IMHO. Like mmmmtorque said, basic stuff will get you close I think. Headers, exhaust, PCM, Cat delete. And 1HP from Justins CAI ;)

TREKER said:
Much easier to do NOS or SC than tearing your engine apart IMHO. Like mmmmtorque said, basic stuff will get you close I think. Headers, exhaust, PCM, Cat delete. And 1HP from Justins CAI ;)
Bolt on are going to get you in the 470 rwhp range. You cannot get to 500 rwhp (much less 525) N/A without popping the heads and cam. ;)

I will also add that there is a HUGE performance difference in 535 rwhp and 470 rwhp. My truck feels like it is 1000 pounds lighter now.:rock:

:dontknow:
ViperTruck2933 said:
I will also add that there is a HUGE performance difference in 535 rwhp and 470 rwhp. My truck feels like it is 1000 pounds lighter now.:rock:

How long did it take o do the rockers and etc???:dontknow: Cost?

mmmmtorque said:
Well, eventually the bank will call and stop you at some number :D

I wish mine would have called about a year ago...and I have no spousal unit now either :)

I'm actually trying REALLY hard not to get M&H drag radials and Eagle wheels...kind of like good fighting evil. The evil is slowly winning and I know the bank wont be calling anytime soon either. What am I to do?

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
I wish mine would have called about a year ago...and I have no spousal unit now either :)

I'm actually trying REALLY hard not to get M&H drag radials and Eagle wheels...kind of like good fighting evil. The evil is slowly winning and I know the bank wont be calling anytime soon either. What am I to do?
Better just go ahead and order them. Get it over with. :)

Just don't forget to ask M&H for the VTCOA forum discount. It's a good reduction.:rock:

ViperTruck2933 said:
Better just go ahead and order them. Get it over with. :)

Just don't forget to ask M&H for the VTCOA forum discount. It's a good reduction.:rock:

Agree, although you might as well go with the Nolstagia slicks:D

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
Any brake caliper mods needed? I was thinking yes.

Yea, just a little :D

I purchased a spare set, one (very thin) set for the strip and originals for the road course.

Julian - do you have a RC or QC...it will be more difficult in a QC cuz of powertrain loss.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back