How to tell if my truck has been tuned???

I cant remember the stock rpm limit. As said if the PCM was flashed by an SCT then almost no way to tell. A tune will not affect when the fan comes on unless it was programed to do so. If your fan is coming on at 170 then almost certainly a tune has been flashed into the PCM but it could only be to change the fan setting w/o affecting anything else.

If the PCM was flashed by DC or B&G it will have a sticker on the back of the PCM. You will have to remove the PCM to see it...easy to do.

I would not leave the PCM flashed with a tune I didnt know. Some of the tunes from other tuners (none of our current tuner vendors) have caused engine destruction. I would have a dealer completely reflash the stock tune on. Then you could buy a tune of your choosing.

JMHO....

I'll pull the PCM tonight and look for a sticker.

At 20 mph in 2nd gear push the clutch in and rev it to 5000 prm then sidestep the clutch and if it doesn't spin completely around in the road it probably does not have a tune.

FATJACK said:
At 20 mph in 2nd gear push the clutch in and rev it to 5000 prm then sidestep the clutch and if it doesn't spin completely around in the road it probably does not have a tune.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back