Hummer H3 thoughts

ohiosrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NO.. I'm not selling my 10!

I am thinking about trading in my '03 Chevy Avalanche (Daily Driver) on a 2008 Hummer H3. Do any of you own one or have driven/ridden in one? Any thoughts on this vehicle?

:)

I've only ever seen one chick driving one around here. The rest were all guys... maybe it's a geographic thing. Keep in mind, I'm in oHIo! Lots of snow is on the way soon, I'm sure. ;)

Have you driven one yet? The small back window makes it a bietch to back up.

They suck.......... We got one for a rental when the jeep was in for service. Biggest POS I've ever driven, it was the base model but still the thing has no power, rides like shit, can't see anything out of it and it's a gm what could be worse???????

GADodgetech said:
All the negative nancys':rolleyes:, I like em. Think the truck version looks cool as hell, but thats just me :)

Yeah, I like the outside of the H3's but nothing else. I like the H2's and H1's a lot more:D

wildcatcamaro said:
the H3 alphas have 5.3L V8s to solve your power issue

This is true, Only one I would own being the alpha. But hefty price tag to go along with it. So kinda makes it not worth it.

Driven one as a rental for close to a week. Short windows are annoying, both visually and trying to fit a 40 through at the drive through liquor mart. HA!!!

(OK, just kidding on the 40 - I'm a tequila guy, but you get the idea).

We have a 2006 and love it.... We towed a 26' tow behind RV and it towed beautifully. Ours is fully loaded though. No problems so far and its got about 40k miles on it now. Ive also towed a 4k lb Udump with about 5k lbs of tree debris in it and still nothing but good things to say. I like the way it tows with it being a shorter SUV... All in all... great buy, good gas mileage too

05QCSRT10 said:
They suck.......... We got one for a rental when the jeep was in for service. Biggest POS I've ever driven, it was the base model but still the thing has no power, rides like shit, can't see anything out of it and it's a gm what could be worse???????

I will second that. Had one as a rental in Utah. If you are over 5'5" you will have blind spots galore. The base version has no power, it struggled to get over the pass between Salt Lake and Park City. The materials on the inside look/feel cheap, the ride is rough and it did have rattles/sounds that should not have been there. Also, the cargo room is very disappointing.

I looked at them briefly too. I think I may try the new GMC Terrain. Looks nice and lots of bells and whistles for the price. GMC is really trying to make a go at the market now it seems. Give it a look..

i rented one once and overall it was good truck..

Would look really cool painted a satin green or black on steel wheels with

military tires:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back