HVAC fan light

Iceman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys tonight my light that shows the HVAC fan, and the position switch went out. Does anyone know how to fix it?? I took the trim off that surrounds the radio. Then I took the HVAC controls out, and got down to the "guts" of the system. It looks like the bulb is a L.E.D. and is soulderd in place. So anyone got any suggestions?? :dontknow: Its kinda late here right now I will disassemble it all again tomorrow and post pics.

I don't think that's a serviceable part. You'll probably have to order a complete controller.

Iceman said:
Hey guys tonight my light that shows the HVAC fan, and the position switch went out. Does anyone know how to fix it?? I took the trim off that surrounds the radio. Then I took the HVAC controls out, and got down to the "guts" of the system. It looks like the bulb is a L.E.D. and is soulderd in place. So anyone got any suggestions?? :dontknow: Its kinda late here right now I will disassemble it all again tomorrow and post pics.

Is this a 2006? My 2005 doesn't have a fan light.

Why not solder in a new bulb and see what happens? If you wreck it you'll just have to get a new control unit.

pic's as promised.

1. started w/ this.
DSC_0011.jpg

2. removed the 4 screws holding on the HVAC control panel.
DSC_0014.jpg

3. removed the dials and the slider controls
DSC_0015.jpg

4. separated the front and back of HVAC panel until i got to the "guts"
DSC_0016.jpg

5. light in question that doesn't work
DSC_0017.jpg

6. back view of the circuit board.
DSC_0018.jpg

So its been stated that i will have to get a whole new board. If anyone can give me a part # I'd appreciate it.

if it is LED type then you can get different colors

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back