I can almost see again

Borden's SRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This past thursday I had PRK laser surgery to correct my vision. What a pain in the ass, but no more glasses. Saturday was the worst day since the surgery. I am driving even at night. Not letting it slow me down any. Today I go back to have the temporary lenses removed and hopefully my vision straightens up some more. Lights are like huge lit up spider webs. A little light sensitive right now, but it's getting better. But so far I am happy with it.

I need to get that done so I can rightfully sing that, "I Can See Clearly Now," song..

Excuse me I will move my Balls Steve ....see better now ? Sssshhhhhh don't talk with a full throat :marchmellow:

TheSickness said:
Excuse me I will move my Balls Steve ....see better now ? Sssshhhhhh don't talk with a full throat :marchmellow:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

How was the actual surgery itself? I have wanted to have this done for several years now, but am afraid I would be to squemish sitting there wide awake!?

I had my vision corrected 12 yrs ago before they were doing lazer...still see fine except for my close vision deteriorating over the last few yrs...but that is from age not the surgery..:(

I have had injections in my eye before, and I didn't like it at all. But I figure if it helps you see better, why not?

Bill.

Great news Steve.....now for things just to continue that direction and keep getting better for you.....keeping you in my thoughts bro...

Steve,

Hang in there Br0!! I have had it done and it was the best money I ever spent!!

The light sensitivity will go away and not having to worry about where the #### your glasses are is a the best!!

:rock: :rock:

grace said:
How was the actual surgery itself? I have wanted to have this done for several years now, but am afraid I would be to squemish sitting there wide awake!?

It was strange. They numb your eyeball so they dont feel anything. But they clamp your eyelids open so you can't close them. Those hurt a little bit because your eyelids aren't numb. With PRK they take an electric toothbrush and basicly remove the outer material on the cornea. A lot of pressure when they do that. Then the laser process is next. They will spray water in your eye after that which I assume is to cool the eye after lasering. Then they install a temporary contact lens that is a blank while the lens heals over. For the next few days you will be light sensitive and your vision will shift around. The first day or two it will be a little difficult to drive.

Lasik they dont use the electric toothbrush because they cut the cornea to make a flap before they laser the eye.

It was hard to do what they say but the laser tracks your eye if you move a little so you still get it done correctly. The healing phase I feel was the most difficult, but I get meds. and drops to kill any pain which really wasnt too bad. I mainly had itchiness and discomfort. I would do it again knowing what I do. It's great to know thaat I can already see this good and the contacts that are in are not doing any of it.

TheSickness said:
Those little things couldn't block a fly's vision bro..........:D :D :D :D

how old are you? and what was your vision before? i'd love to do something like this. i only wear my contacts when i am doing watersports (and they are a pain in the a$$ now)..the rest of the time its glasses.

SANCHOBA said:
how old are you? and what was your vision before? i'd love to do something like this. i only wear my contacts when i am doing watersports (and they are a pain in the a$$ now)..the rest of the time its glasses.
i'm 36, and they only did a minor adjustment, so I wasn't that blind from the jacking Eddie. Lol....

Not sure what it was before but I am happy with it so far. They say it'll still adjust for 6-8 weeks. sounds like they are sending me a rebate huh? :D

After my one month check up I'm now 20/20 and 20/15.

They are still improving. What a new world it is. the procedure sux but i'd recommend it for anyone.

make sure they are reputable tho. dont want to do cheap with your vision. but if they are well known then there ya go.

Had mine done 6 months ago, best 3,000 i ever spent, they took about 5 minutes on each eye. now I dont make my own off ramps on the freeway.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back