I dropped out...off grid

Fepony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure you even care, but since i been a member here for a long time, I thought i'd let you all know I dropped out. I'm no longer chasing the carrot. Sold my Harley truck and moved off grid. I'm back in Florida for a few weeks to finish up and thought i'd post up and let you guys see what i been up to. Here is a link that has pictures and stuff.

I Made The Move .... : I Would Like to Live Off the Grid Story & Experience

More reasons i love NM.

OpenCarry.org - State Information For New Mexico

New Mexico

Summary
New Mexico is one of our "Gold Star" open carry states. There is complete state preemption of all firearms laws, open carry is increasingly common and law enforcement is well educated as to its legality. In addition, New Mexico has an extended domain law which effectively makes your vehicle an extention of your home. So you may carry openly or concealed in your vehicle.

Legal Disclaimer We make every effort to provide correct information on this site. However, the legal landscape surrounding open carry is fluid and subject to a myriad of political influences in the various states. Therefore, any and all information you glean from this site should be independently verified!
Forum To read real open carry stories from New Mexico or to contribute your own, click here
State Constitution Bill of Rights, Article II, Section 6

No law shall abridge the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms for security and defense, for lawful hunting and recreational use and for other lawful purposes, but nothing herein shall be held to permit the carrying of concealed weapons.
Minimum Age to OC 19
Preemption Complete State Preemption of All Firearm Laws

NOTE: Almost all states allow local regulation of the discharge of firearms
Open Car Carry You may carry in your vehicle open or concealed just like in your home.
Private Sales Not Yet Determined
Permit Issued Not Yet Determined
K-12 Carry Not Yet Determined

NOTE: The Federal Gun-Free School Zones Act Restricts Carry to Permit Holders
College Carry Carry Prohibited by Statute

NOTE: Even if Legal, Students May be Subject to Academic Sanctions
Places Off Limits

Currently Being Researched

State Law

Attachments

• DSC00066.JPG
    DSC00066.JPG
    287.9 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC00349.JPG
    DSC00349.JPG
    269.4 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC00350.JPG
    DSC00350.JPG
    288.9 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC00359.JPG
    DSC00359.JPG
    374.5 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00372.JPG
    DSC00372.JPG
    210.4 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC08232.JPG
    DSC08232.JPG
    251.2 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC08893.JPG
    DSC08893.JPG
    210.5 KB · Views: 64
Sweet...........spent a year in NM about 5 miles West of Madrid.....bumpy dirt roads all the way....did a lot of 4 wheeling between SF and Taos truly Gods Country....

Love the view!!!!!!

It doesn't get any prettier than that.... what are the taxes out that way? Or are you just squatting? :D:p

Good luck to you. I have a feeling most people will have to (be forced) do exactly what you are doing soon.... even in my lifetime. :eek:

It doesn't get any prettier than that.... what are the taxes out that way? Or are you just squatting? :D:p

Good luck to you. I have a feeling most people will have to (be forced) do exactly what you are doing soon.... even in my lifetime. :eek:

VERY cheap...:D...but i am 100% disabled combat vet so i pay NO TAXES...

Not sure you even care, but since i been a member here for a long time, I thought i'd let you all know I dropped out. I'm no longer chasing the carrot. Sold my Harley truck and moved off grid. I'm back in Florida for a few weeks to finish up and thought i'd post up and let you guys see what i been up to. Here is a link that has pictures and stuff.

I Made The Move .... : I Would Like to Live Off the Grid Story & Experience

Hey Fep!!! At first glance, I thought you sold the Harley Truck and came to the dark side.....I guess you did go to the "dark side" in a certain way. Good to hear from you.

Hey Fep!!! At first glance, I thought you sold the Harley Truck and came to the dark side.....I guess you did go to the "dark side" in a certain way. Good to hear from you.
Wow...hello my very old friend. Long time no see. No, no more fancy trucks for me. I got a 66 ford f260 factory flatbed 4x4 farm truck and a 02 F150 4x4. No more 2wd for this guy.:aetsch:

So what do you do for electric at night? Some sort of battery backup system? Oil lamps? :D

I have everything wired 12vdc and use batteries, wind and solar 2k watts total. I have LP Bosch hot water on demand and use 12vdc water pump. I store my water in 2 2700 gallon tanks and harvest water off the roof during rain season. We also use Dietz kerosene lamps in winter to suppliment heat.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back