i got arrested for what you may ask?

eddie102870 said:
probably jealous because he cant afford one on trooper salary:D man law enforcement is underpaid.

Do you know how much AL troopers get paid? Not starting salary of course.. but they can most def pay for one. lol

Pulling you out, putting you in the back of the patrol car, running you, then giving you a good lecture before sending you and your wife on your way would have been as far as I would go.

+1

I woulda given you a ticket for excessive acceleration but only wreckless if you were all over the place.

Sounds like a punk.

Unfortunately there are getting to be way too many of them. As John said, used to be they treated folks with some respect at least. Doesn't seem that way anymore. I don't know if they're being taught that at the academy or pick it up from the other cops at the donut shop.

See, I'm no fan of LEOs. But I always treat them with the same respect they afford me. It's up to them to decide how we are going to get along. And these days it seems that somewhere above 90% are acting like the guy you mentioned. I don't know what happened to the days where they called us sir, instead of demanding that we call them that.

Yeah, I have some friends that can be real assholes too. The difference is, I'll say something to them about it. I get the feeling that cops these days have given up on policing their own, or even caring what the population thinks of them.

Good luck with it.

man that sucks... i broke my tires loose leaving a Sonic Parking lot... it was midnight cop pulled me over gave me a ticket for street racing... he said i was lucky he didn't take me to jail......i asked him how was it street racing when i was the only person on the road?.... he said " Sign here Sir" turned around and left.. i fought the ticket and won....... an about them inpounding the truck and sending it to auction i thought thats agenst the law if it has a lean on it?... cause i know damn well i'm not paying for something i cannot drive

Wow, bad deal.
Get an attorney and prey that the judge owns a viper

eddie102870 said:
probably jealous because he cant afford one on trooper salary:D man law enforcement is underpaid.

The way the prices keep dropping on these things, a troopermight one day be able to afford one of these trucks.

Just curious, Mike, do you have a vanity plate on your truck?

dnz28 said:
taking a ride in the srt i pulled out onto the highway straighten the beast out and punched it from a 15mph role. the tires lit up and powershifted second same results...

If thats wreckless driving:confused: ........... then I am guilty several times a month myself!

Sorry dude...........your getting hosed.

patrick

dnz28 said:
the wife could not drive it because she has not yet mastered the standard yet. I dont understand the whole deal i didnt argue put up a fight anything. it happened so fast i couldnt do anything. just sit and smile at the situation. As I was watching my wife cry through the window of the cop car he gets in plays on the radio for a little and then tries to start up a conversation about how he once had a fast car that he loved to drive. i said nothing i didnt want what i said record and used against me.

I honestly think he arrested me because he was pissed that he no longer had a car that fast. i hope he gets a m&m stuck in his heart valve.

Did he read you your Miranda Rights? If not, it usually gets thrown out of court. ;)

Here in NJ you can be arrested for any moving violation. It's the officer's descretion that allows us to write a summons and release a subject. My guess is that there is a lot more to the story. Just my 2 cents worth. I can tell you this though, if you smoked em up past me i would just stop you to check out your ride:rock:

And as far as law enforcement being underpaid, that's def not the case in Jersey :D

FastSRT19 said:
Here in NJ you can be arrested for any moving violation. It's the officer's descretion that allows us to write a summons and release a subject. My guess is that there is a lot more to the story. Just my 2 cents worth. I can tell you this though, if you smoked em up past me i would just stop you to check out your ride:rock:

And as far as law enforcement being underpaid, that's def not the case in Jersey :D

I want you to apply for the chief of police position here in Wadsworth!

Haterade said:
The way the prices keep dropping on these things, a troopermight one day be able to afford one of these trucks.

Just curious, Mike, do you have a vanity plate on your truck?

His plate says FUCOP :D :D

Vanity plates do seem to have an impact...I have only been pulled over once...the officer said: "Hello Professor, where do you teach?"

You are always sending messages...you cannot, not communicate.

Black1 said:
Did he read you your Miranda Rights? If not, it usually gets thrown out of court. ;)

Only if the person arrested is questioned about the crime....the officer witnessed the crime and nobody is denying anything so Miranda is not needed......I was a LEO back in the 80s and would have been more interested in seeing what he had under the hood.....then give just a warning..

TNVIPER said:
Only if the person arrested is questioned about the crime....the officer witnessed the crime and nobody is denying anything so Miranda is not needed......I was a LEO back in the 80s and would have been more interested in seeing what he had under the hood.....then give just a warning..

Even in a "custodial situation" (A custodial situation is where the suspect's freedom of movement is restrained although he or she is not under arrest.), your Miranda Rights MUST be given to you. (Miranda v. Arizona, Hiibel v. Sixth 542 U.S. 177 2004, Dickerson v. United States 530 U.S. 428 2000)

:eek: ;)

Black1 said:
Even in a "custodial situation" (A custodial situation is where the suspect's freedom of movement is restrained although he or she is not under arrest.), your Miranda Rights MUST be given to you. (Miranda v. Arizona, Hiibel v. Sixth 542 U.S. 177 2004, Dickerson v. United States 530 U.S. 428 2000)

:eek: ;)

Only if what you say is used against you in court...if nothing you said is used in court then there is nothing to raise the Miranda issue..;)

TNVIPER said:
Only if what you say is used against you in court...if nothing you said is used in court then there is nothing to raise the Miranda issue..;)

Just because nothing happened to be said, does not mean procedure should not be followed....

Black1 said:
Just because nothing happened to be said, does not mean procedure should not be followed....

Miranda is not a requirement for an arrest to be made. I never gave the Miranda warning unless there was a major crime where questioning was needed to resolve it. My knowledge of this comes from being a graduate of the TN Law Enforcement Academy and BS degree in criminal justice. An officer may give the Miranda warning in all arrests as a CYA but not as a requirement.

Who is this miranda? and what is the right she has:dontknow:

they always just cuffed me , slung my butt over the hood, and talked to me the next morn:D

OK, ok. The guy was a jerk. I am a police officer, have been for 10 years. I just sold the 10 to, you guessed it, another police officer. Most of us are normal guys who love hot rods, motorcycles and women. But there are some that just love power and authority. Rest at ease that his co-workers also view him as a complete a-hole and he doesn't get invited to any parties. We all know em. We all hate em.

I have gotten tickets like this nollied numerous times. Before you spend money on a retainer I would call the prosecuting attorney with jurisdiction over the citation/arrest. Most of the time, if you have a clean driving record, they will reduce it to a non-moving violation.

Although he was completely within his rights to make an arrest it was obviously excessive. And for those screaming Miranda; you only have to give Miranda if the suspect is questioned about elements of the crime he was arrested for while in custody. Doesn't seem to be the case here.

Wish we could say this doesn't happen or won't again but it will. Just be cautious about where and when you play.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back