I got my ass handed to me by a L

greatone61

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me and my buddy who has an L went to the Ford dealership since he needed parts. Well on the way out we happened to catch a light together. I powerbraked to 1500rpm's and when the light turned green I did nothing but spin, once I caught he had about 1 1/2 length on me, and was still going. Now we catch another light. We go again this time I leave regular no power braking just mash the gas. Same thing he whoops me. My truck is stock QC with 2700 miles, he has a pulley, exhaust, no cats. Man that sucked, I need to do something to avenge this!!!!

greatone61 said:
Me and my buddy who has an L went to the Ford dealership since he needed parts. Well on the way out we happened to catch a light together. I powerbraked to 1500rpm's and when the light turned green I did nothing but spin, once I caught he had about 1 1/2 length on me, and was still going. Now we catch another light. We go again this time I leave regular no power braking just mash the gas. Same thing he whoops me. My truck is stock QC with 2700 miles, he has a pulley, exhaust, no cats. Man that sucked, I need to do something to avenge this!!!!
Thats not bad at all considering you are more than 500 pounds heavier right off the bat and STOCK! You have nothing to be ashamed of.

Take 2 bhang hits and call me in the morning if ya start feelin' suicidal 'er anything.

SD

P.S. I think yer taking this very well.

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
lol get out the check book.. time to start modding

PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!! I wanna stay N/A for now though, and no stroking haha!

greatone61 said:
PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!! I wanna stay N/A for now though, and no stroking haha!

A lot of the QC guys swear that the Flash is one of the best mods for a stock QC.

do they consider nos NA LOL :)...

ummm depends on your budget.. full exhaust 40hp aprox intake from 2 to 10 max hp. Flash i think 40 to 60 hp.. vec 2 also 40 to 60 not sure if both work well together .. or if there are any extra hp with both running together .. umm then if you wanna stay NA go heads cam rockers intake honed.. another 80 to 100 hp then forged internals a lil stiffer rods maybe 10 to 30 hp so a total gain of ummm 170 ish hp.. should keep you busy then throw on some NOS/PROPANE with a 150 shot and well you will be doing 320hp + your original 440 = 760 rwhp :) kiss the L goodbye..

PCM flash, mids w/HF cats, Magnaflow and drop in filter = stay with or even beat that L by a cab length.

I would budget 1000-1500 and do the following :

Stage 2 flash (or a real good dyno-tune+flash would be prefect if your close to DC or Roe, etc..)
Drop in filter
170 t-stat
caltract to help with traction

I think that should keep you fairly stock, but help you pic up a few ponies. Remember...You have enough HP, you just need to plant it! It would have been a great race if you would have stuck those tires to the ground!

-Red

I pretty much concur with the abovementioned suggestions.

$2500.00 plan:

Flash,exhaust,headers,cat delete VEC2

4000.00 plan:

All the above and a NX kit.

7500.00 plan :

Add Stage III heads and cam.

Walt`s Plan (a.k.a. more money than God plan)

Send it to Houston.Write a $55,000 check for Hennessey`s TT kit.

$3000.00 plan:

Flash,exhaust,headers,cat delete VEC2,170 stat,drop in.

4000.00 plan:

7500.00 plan :

ROKTMAN said:

$3000.00 plan:

Flash,exhaust,headers,cat delete VEC2,170 stat,drop in.

4000.00 plan:

7500.00 plan :

53,228.36 wacko:rock:

greatone61 said:

L's are no joke man...but be careful I lost a race to a fellow SRT and have spent $25k to avenge the loss....

it is worth every penny...:D

Go with the list that Patrick recommended and add catless mids to the list for another $300.00 or so....

All very good suggestions mentioned....but of course it'll never end, you'll beat him then all he has to do is buy another $100 pulley ring and be right back on top:D

Personally...I would just save up for the Paxton and tune, I got my Paxton kit for $6300 then add about $2500 for the install and tune.....and then try and race from a roll only because you'll just be burning out:rock:

VPRPWR said:
All very good suggestions mentioned....but of course it'll never end, you'll beat him then all he has to do is buy another $100 pulley ring and be right back on top:D

Personally...I would just save up for the Paxton and tune, I got my Paxton kit for $6300 then add about $2500 for the install and tune.....and then try and race from a roll only because you'll just be burning out:rock:

Thats the problem I had right now...all the way through first all I did was spin man, it sucked!

greatone61 said:
Thats the problem I had right now...all the way through first all I did was spin man, it sucked!

Srt's on average will keep losing to L's more often than we would like until a 22" drag radial is invented....

Nowwhat said:
Srt's on average will keep losing to L's more often than we would like until a 22" drag radial is invented....

What rpm do you suggest taking off at? BTW he was running on 16" tires.

greatone61 said:
What rpm do you suggest taking off at? BTW he was running on 16" tires.

if they were 16's .....they were more than likely DRs......that is a huge advantage.....It isn't about what rpm to take off...you need a longer race....If you have a safe place to do it.....the SRT will reel him in on the top end.....

ROKTMAN said:

$2500.00 plan:

Flash,exhaust,headers,cat delete VEC2

4000.00 plan:

7500.00 plan :

Why flash and VECII? Just trying to learn...

Nowwhat said:
if they were 16's .....they were more than likely DRs......that is a huge advantage.....It isn't about what rpm to take off...you need a longer race....If you have a safe place to do it.....the SRT will reel him in on the top end.....

definately....I hate roll races but, try from a roll and it will be a lot closer once traction is not an issue...if he had 16" wheels more than likely he had DOT cheater slicks not just DR's, so actually you didn't do too bad for him pulling 1 1/2 lengths on you on the start

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back