I need a new slave

80boboli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i posted here a little while back when my clutch pedal went completely limp. It was recommended that i bleed the clutch which i did successfully and i took it around the block a few times, got on it and everything was great but there was still a "funny" feeling.

In either case about three days later i took it out and just before i got to the stop sign the clutch pedal went limp again and even though i had the pedal all the way on the ground the truck was not completely out of gear and continued to roll until i smelled burning clutch and turned it off. I was able to get it back in the drive and it sat there until now.

I spoke to a local speed shop and they are charging me about $580 to take apart the tranny and swap out the slave for me. They will use the parts i supply and I am going to buy a kit from either JMB or JTSVP, can any one give me experience on either one? ALso are either or both of these a direct replacement? The guy at the shop was asking me about bore size and what not and it is all a little over my head. DO i have to purchase anything else for them to complete the job? I always get great advice on here and any one considering becoming a supporting member i would say do it as this is one of the best places for advice!!!!!!!!

I recommend the factory space and master sir. Have seen them go 100,O00 miles with drag racing, street racing and all by the fastest members here. Less expensive as well ;-)

I have a near new (7,000 miles) master slave and clyinder kit in the for sale section for $150 + shipping. Just sayin'! :D

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f14/massive-srt-10-parts-clean-out-photos-56535/

SRT10RamParts06_zps750549eb.jpg

SRT10RamParts05_zpsa932b44e.jpg

OEM, as suggested.

I tried aftermarket and that was a BIG mistake and no satisfactory support from the vendor, the defective parts went out in the garbage.:(

i ran factory hydraulics in my first truck for over 100k miles (i did a swap out once from a defective one at 30k, but the other 76k miles were fine). i believe in them.

my second truck has the jtsvp slave and master and it's fine... no complaints after a year and a half...

I have the JMB kit and a centerforce clutch. It is flawless!! easy install. If you were smelling clutch you really should change it out at the same time.

i ran factory hydraulics in my first truck for over 100k miles (i did a swap out once from a defective one at 30k, but the other 76k miles were fine). i believe in them.

my second truck has the jtsvp slave and master and it's fine... no complaints after a year and a half...

What second truck?

Dom
Undefeated on the Internet

Back