I need to remove my wing....Help.

vvv90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeez...I found a crap load of threads from people debating (or crying I should say :D ) whether they should remove it or not. Boo frickin' hoo. Do what you want I say!! :D

I plan on keeping mine on but I HAVE to move something next week. How does this thing come off temporarily?????

Does anyone have procedures for this?

Then it goes back on in all it's SRT10 factory glory. :)

Sawzall ;)

If its stock, its an easy removal. I think the manual shows you how to do it actually

TREKER said:
Sawzall ;)

If its stock, its an easy removal. I think the manual shows you how to do it actually

Uh these trucks come with these little things that show ya how to work things?.......... usually stuck in the glove box............... it called a manual...a book with all kindsa pictures in it, so it want be too hard for ya:D

find it look in there till ya find this funny lookin thing on the bed picture and one without, in between they should tell how to get there.

Man aint factories great these days!! $50k for a truck and they give you a book with pictures too:p

Use the bolt removal tool supplied with the truck to remove one bolt from each side underneath the spoiler. Then pull the spoiler back, lift up, and you are done! :D

Reverse the process to replace the wing.

Stinker said:
Uh these trucks come with these little things that show ya how to work things?.......... usually stuck in the glove box............... it called a manual...a book with all kindsa pictures in it, so it want be too hard for ya:D

find it look in there till ya find this funny lookin thing on the bed picture and one without, in between they should tell how to get there.

Man aint factories great these days!! $50k for a truck and they give you a book with pictures too:p

I only read it for the articles.....
Maybe they should make the manuals pop-up books for guys like Mikey. :D

sooooo.....The answer is RTFM.

Gotcha.

Don't have it on me right now and I was curious.

While we're at it. Can some tell me what oil goes in the truck? :D :D :D

RedRamRules said:
Use the bolt removal tool supplied with the truck to remove one bolt from each side underneath the spoiler. Then pull the spoiler back, lift up, and you are done! :D

Reverse the process to replace the wing.

Thanks!

That's what I needed to know. I hoped it was chanelled in the rear. Thank God.

vvv90 said:
sooooo.....The answer is RTFM.

Gotcha.

Don't have it on me right now and I was curious.

While we're at it. Can some tell me what oil goes in the truck? :D :D :D

Walmart 20-50w Nothing else!!!!;)

What worked for me was to tell the dealer to take it off and I will buy it.

LOLOL actually you are supposed to have a tool kit in a small bag, in there you will find a wrench. under the rail of the bed under the wing you will find a bolt , use the wrench provided and it will work fine:D

Um, this may sound stupid, but my wing has 2 bolts on each side. Have to pop out the taillights to get the back ones out (huge PITA). Is there something wrong with mine?

I actually didn't read the manual either, kind of just figured it out as I went (and by the fact that the damn wing wouldn't budge when I took the front bolts out).

wo1sjb said:
Um, this may sound stupid, but my wing has 2 bolts on each side. Have to pop out the taillights to get the back ones out (huge PITA). Is there something wrong with mine?

I actually didn't read the manual either, kind of just figured it out as I went (and by the fact that the damn wing wouldn't budge when I took the front bolts out).

I took mine off once, then to piss off Nowwhat put it back on:D

but "i think" after you remove the front bolts the wing slides forward and then up:dontknow:

Stinker said:
LOLOL actually you are supposed to have a tool kit in a small bag, in there you will find a wrench. under the rail of the bed under the wing you will find a bolt , use the wrench provided and it will work fine:D

Shit....I don't think I have the special wrench.

All I have is my Sears socket set and THAT won't work. Damn, am I screwed here? :D :D :D

j/k

Stinker said:
I took mine off once, then to piss off Nowwhat put it back on:D

but "i think" after you remove the front bolts the wing slides forward and then up:dontknow:

Yeah, I like that... Slide it forward, then up.... Keep doing that!!!:D

WTF. I guess that's the problem when you buy used vehicles. Some a**clown must have "modded" mine. :dontknow:
Actually, in his defense, I think he had a bedcover on it.

Apparently this so called "owners manual" you guys speak of will give me some insight into how to fix this.

Look inside the bed of your truck up under the bed rail and you will see a 10mm bolt directly under the front of the wing on each side. Remove these bolts then gently take your hand and bump the wing forward, it will slide about 1 to 2 inches then just lift up and you are done.

Bill.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back