i want a 10 but cant afford the insurance...i have an idea :D

To the original poster.................. you sure you want a SRT10??? :D

hey , mine is a 04 , and i remember having removed the door sticker ( driver side ) on which are the data about the wheels ,tires, pressure .... they all were referring a common 1500 :dontknow:
found it strange and was afraid they had a look at it at the tech inspection.... as i mounted bigger wheels.... :eek:

jeeez i leave for a few hours and my thread is 5 pages deep! i put the truck up for sale about 10 days ago and not a single hit! i want her gone so me n pops ( who is sick) can go halfs on a 10

TREKER said:
Mine shows up as a regular 1500
Same here....
I wonder if it's covered as an SRT-10 though if it happened to be totaled....
I would assume the insurance adjuster takes that into consideration:dontknow:

My truck is an 04 and the tire sticker does show 22 inch tires and the correct size for an SRT 10.

If you cant afford insurance you cant afford a 10......and the cost of installing a V-10 into a std 1500 would pay for years of insurance.......my 06 is listed as a 1500 on my insurance...

My insurance costs were no different when I had a qc hemi 4x4 1500 compared to my ten. USAA had my ten listed as a 1500 in 04.... the next year it was listed as a srt10.

Insurance is just the beginning of the costs. Gas, oil changes, and mods bring the cost way up. Dont buy one if you think you can own it on the cheap IMO. Your GTX is a great looking truck.

patrick

I have state farm and at first he classified it as a regular 1500, but I told him no it is a v10 6speed. He researched it and it all depends on how good your guy is mine is still classified as a 1500 but with all the uprgrades so I dont get screwed also ask about accidents at the track, you will be suprised what they will cover,granted it wont cover a blwn motor but it wil cover body damage and bodily damage. so all you guys who track, check with your agents. Just some FYI

Might be an isolated occurance, But i traded in my 05 Dodge Ram Hemi 4x4, for my srt-10, My insurance dropped 4 dollars for identical coverage and i even reduced my deductible from 500 to 250.

mauiSRT/10 said:
My insurance costs were no different when I had a qc hemi 4x4 1500 compared to my ten. USAA had my ten listed as a 1500 in 04.... the next year it was listed as a srt10.

Insurance is just the beginning of the costs. Gas, oil changes, and mods bring the cost way up. Dont buy one if you think you can own it on the cheap IMO. Your GTX is a great looking truck.

patrick

Yes i had USAA too. And your right, the insurance isnt shit when compared to operating and repair cost.

My insurance went down when I got the srt. I had an 07 trd sport 4 door tacoma before. I dont know why it went down I told the it was an srt???

i know these trucks are not cheap. they are bad ass. if i baught one i would want a quad cab. i LOVE the look of the srt-10 quads lowered. it looks ooo nasty. and i think it would bee a good daily :D

two things, first i think the frame is off a 2500/3500...
second, your going to spend more on the kit then you would for the truck.
3rd, i will sell ya mine cheap because i suddenly need a diesel, and because i am buying a shoehorn and a 550

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back