If this is true, this is scary.

If the FBI is listening to me, the're REALLY, REALLY bored.

Unfortunately, it is true of virtually all electronics with a microphone.
There has always been "service" modes that the manufacturers built in and the law knows how to exploit (and many others unfortunately).
The Japanese guy (Tsutimo?) from the documentary movie Hackers 2 - Takedown testified about this to congress well over ten years ago.
He punched in a few codes to his stock/unmodified cell phone on the floor of congress and voila - they were all listening to private conversations right there in the capitol building.
When Kevin Mitnick learned that Tsutimo knew how to do this from reverse engineering his phone's software, Kevin hacked into Tsutimo's home computer and stole the codes from him.
Tsutimo's subsequent tracking of Kevin Mitnick, and Mitnick's subsequent capture outside of Raleigh, NC is the basis of the movie Hackers 2 - Takedown.

Last edited:
Yeah...great...they should tune in at my place in the morning....

D "ouch... it hurts..."
K "hold still and stop wiggling"
D "it hurts when you pull on it..."
K "well I can't help it...I can put some more cream on it when I pull this off.."
D "stop pushing ...it's killing me!"
K "well if I dont, I cant get any fluid out of it"
K "here is a hot wash cloth...I will put this over the opening..."
D "ahhh... that feels so great...."
K "better?"
D "yes...
K "want another one...."
D "yeah....get it hot and wetter though..."
K "ok...here you go..."
D "man that feels so great..."
D "my leg's are getting tired"
K ok, I have to dry it out then...its getting sloppy anyhow..."
D allright...but put some more cream on it after you dry it off:
K "I will...."
K "I have to stick some more gauze on it..."
D "use the paper tape on the gauze to hold it shut...."
K "man this thing is still leaking..."
D "well squeeze it..."
K "I did and you bitched about the pain"...
D "well just get it over with...so I can get some more fluid out.."
K "Ok...here goes" ......
D "DAMN that hurts"
K "Hold still and I will squeeze it one more time..."
K "That's one pissed off hole...."
D "How about the opening?...
K well the area around it looks good..."
K "Looks like they put in an extra stitch or two...too bad its on your back...."
D "Smart ass"
D "that's why it feels so tight...when you squeeze it"
K "here comes the cream..."
D "Wow...that's cold..."
K "sorry...did not have the chance to warm it up..."
D "That's ok...it helps with the itching..."
K "Ok, your all done..."
D "Thanks, the cream on my back it feels better..."

Morning dressing change....:D

From Wikipedia's entry on Tsutomo Shimomura....

Author Bruce Sterling describes his first meeting with Shimomura thusly:

"It was in front of Congress, and I was testifying to a Congressional subcommittee. And here was this guy in sandals and, like, ragged-ass cutoffs, and the rest of us were done up in ties [...] giving our best sort of 'yes, we're in front of Congress' thing and Shimomura is there in this surfer gear. And he pulls out this AT&T cellphone, pulls it out of the shrinkwrap, finger-hacks it, and starts monitoring phone calls going up and down Capitol Hill while an FBI agent is standing at his shoulder, listening to him. I'm like, 'this fucker's got balls the size of durian fruit!' [...] He was finger-hacking this phone in front of Congress with, like, two FBI agents and John Gage from Sun Microsystems in the room."

I say nothing on a phone that I don't want shared. Same goes for a vehicle equipped with onstar. But this changes that even. Guess I just need to make sure I don't carry it anywhere I don't want them to hear me.

Last edited:
Well than, when not in use pull the battery. Did you know the FBI can also turn on the onstar system and listen to what is said in a vehicle that has it, even if you don't subscribe to the service.

Bill.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back