IF you have bad injector codes. Look for MELTED R/S harness!!!

GrayghostSRT-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found out what was wrong with mine yesterday with a p0209 Bad injector code.
My right side harness was melted on the rear most header due to Dodge making a crappy harness holder that broke and then dropped on my exhaust. I think this is a new one that everybody should check on their SRT10's I fixed the wires and she is back on the road again. Rerouted harness to the top side of the firewall and it will never happen again.
This caused some time figuring out this one as I replaced a few parts including injectors. My problem was intermittent in the past 6 months so it baffled me at times since it would go away.

Attachments

• P1050339.JPG
    P1050339.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 367
Last edited:
Glad you found the issue and thanks for updating us.

Just found out what was wrong with mine yesterday with a p0209 Bad injector code.
My right side harness was melted on the rear most header due to Dodge making a crappy harness holder that broke and then dropped on my exhaust. I think this is a new one that everybody should check on their SRT10's I fixed the wires and she is back on the road again. Rerouted harness to the top side of the firewall and it will never happen again.
This caused some time figuring out this one as I replaced a few parts including injectors. My problem was intermittent in the past 6 months so it baffled me at times since it would go away.

Wow! You are lucky that's all that happened. Yesterday while sitting in the rescue truck at a traffic light a Chevy dually caught fire next to us. The guy had just had a lot of engine work and whoever did the work didn't secure the harness good so it came loose and landed on the exhaust .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back