If you thought the viper tax was bad....

1Fast400

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
People complain that some viper stuff has a higher than normal price, simply because it is going on a viper. Recently I've been shopping for a new sports car. I began to look at aftermarket accessories. You can imagine my surprise when I saw the following:

Mufflers/tips: 4 grand
New ECU: 6.5 grand
Carbon Fiber air box: 6 grand

I about died. Sadly, from my forum searches, it seems the people that own these cars are willing to pay these type of insane premiums for this stuff. The exhaust nets a 10hp gain (less 2% of total hp), the CF box gives about 4% and the ecu is good for about 15%.

Are those prices for Viper accessories? They seem a bit high compared to what I paid when I had mine. Sounds like Ferrari or Lambo territory price-wise.

No they aren't viper products. Just another brand of sports car. Just amazing what some are willing to pay when there are few options.

those could be porsche or bmw or mercedes prices... dinan brabus $$$$ genuine porsche upgrades $$$

1Fast400 said:
No they aren't viper products. Just another brand of sports car. Just amazing what some are willing to pay when there are few options.
You gonna make us guess?

Whatcha looking at?:D :D :D

Guys, I don't want to talk about the car. It was simply a post of how thankful truck owners shoud be that a flash is only 700 bucks, exhaust under 1k, etc.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
Lets start a poll :)

I'll say Ferrari

1Fast doesn't seem like a Ferrari kinda guy.... ;)

Those LOOK like Lamborghini prices to me. (think "Tubi" exhaust) :dontknow: But, he doesn't seem like "that" type 'o guy either. :confused:

1Fast seems to be a little more subdued and understated.... :hmmmm: But, those prices DEFIANTLY sound Italian. :D

I am not going to venture a guess. :) Just tell us what your looking at, Bro! :p

A DB9 would be cool. :)

Last edited:
Miata or Fierro would be my guess
lol

Awww come on quit teasing us tell us what you were looking at so we're prepared...

:p come on guys you are SO lazy... regardless of what car he was looking at I can tell you first hand... those numbers are accurate for BMW... Porsche or Mercedes... I've had experience modding 996's M's and an S600.... here's an example of what one might spend on a late model M5

http://www.dinanbmw.com/
goto BMW products... 5 series... E39... M... click I dunno stage 2 programming... look down... headers.... 7,999 :p

check the brabus link as well... $$$ trust me, it's expensive too :eek:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back