If you thought the viper tax was bad....

tidnab said:
:p come on guys you are SO lazy... regardless of what car he was looking at I can tell you first hand... those numbers are accurate for BMW... Porsche or Mercedes... I've had experience modding 996's M's and an S600.... here's an example of what one might spend on a late model M5

http://www.dinanbmw.com/
goto BMW products... 5 series... E39... M... click I dunno stage 2 programming... look down... headers.... 7,999 :p

check the brabus link as well... $$$ trust me, it's expensive too :eek:

I had a 2002 M5 and didn't spend 8GRAND on my headers! :dontknow: I might have had $2500 in the whole system! Dinan/BB-Triflow/AC Shnitzer. :confused: Maybe for a NEW M5 (E60).... the V10?

Black1 said:
I had a 2002 M5 and didn't spend 8GRAND on my headers! :dontknow: I might have had $2500 in the whole system! Dinan/BB-Triflow/AC Shnitzer. :confused: Maybe for a NEW M5 (E60).... the V10?

if you had 2500 in the e39 then it wasn't even a stage 1 let alone a dinan stage 2 :dontknow: all their prices are on their website...

p.s. nice choice in cars... I test drove the e60m5 it's a REAL nice car :D

tidnab said:
if you had 2500 in the e39 then it wasn't even a stage 1 let alone a dinan stage 2 :dontknow: all their prices are on their website...

p.s. nice choice in cars... I test drove the e60m5 it's a REAL nice car :D

Well.... I didn't pay retail, of course. :D "MSRP" is ALWAYS outrageous for those cars. The parts can be had much cheaper. ;)

Nope didn't have the "STAGE 2" Dinan kit.... Didn't want it. :D I mixed and matched. :) (Dinan headers, mid-pipe (HP Cats), Billy Boat Cat-Back, AC Shnitzer Tips. ) Sounded MEAN. :burnout: (Also UUC Short-Throw, Tein Shocks, Springs, Shark intake and Dinan computer.) ....... Thanks a lot, tidnab.... Now I really miss that car. :eek: :(

Last edited:
I drove it this friday, was quite impressed. The dealership I drove it at, Beck Imports in Charlotte, had a ton of cars there. They keep Michael Jordans's cars there (he owns part of the NBA bobcats). Three panther players came in while I was there all looking at Maybachs. My sales guy laughed because a maybach loses 200k in value when you drive it off. The sales dude took me back in the shop, they had 4 SLR Maclaren's in the back. Doing some recall work. I got to see one up on a lift. An unreal car for sure, everything is carbon fiber. I hope to have the SL by may. If I get it I might throw it up on a lift and start having dad fab up some new exhaust :)

1Fast400 said:
I drove it this friday, was quite impressed. The dealership I drove it at, Beck Imports in Charlotte, had a ton of cars there. They keep Michael Jordans's cars there (he owns part of the NBA bobcats). Three panther players came in while I was there all looking at Maybachs. My sales guy laughed because a maybach loses 200k in value when you drive it off. The sales dude took me back in the shop, they had 4 SLR Maclaren's in the back. Doing some recall work. I got to see one up on a lift. An unreal car for sure, everything is carbon fiber. I hope to have the SL by may. If I get it I might throw it up on a lift and start having dad fab up some new exhaust :)

Those are nice cars. RARE too. :rock: You do PAY $$$$ for the V12 parts tho. Braabus does great things to the 65's, so I hear. :) Very cool, Mike...... If I were to buy another German car, it would be a Mercedes for sure (Had BMW's and Porsches and neither are what they used to be, IMO.) Benz has come a LONG way the last few years.

I normally would never own anything outside of a dodge/chrysler due to family reasons. This benz isn't flying over real well within the family. I've tried to explain that if dodge/chrysler offered something similar I would buy it. Pops isn't to happy about it, but oh well.

1Fast400 said:
Jesus. SL65 AMG
I didn't know Jesus had a SL65. Cool :rock:

Nice car Mike. I've always liked the Mercedes coupes. The "S" series are more to my liking do to size.

Last edited:
well it IS daimler/benz... :D pretty much the same company :D .....

I will add that although I liked my s600 I'd probably never buy another one... I prefer bmw's over the merc's... however they don't make anything that compares to an S65.... the z8 would be the closest thing I can think of and they haven't made those in years :eek:

Nice car Mike. Great choice on a beautiful car!

Any updates on your truck?

1Fast400 said:
I normally would never own anything outside of a dodge/chrysler due to family reasons. This benz isn't flying over real well within the family. I've tried to explain that if dodge/chrysler offered something similar I would buy it. Pops isn't to happy about it, but oh well.

I was thinking you would go Dodge given your list of rides but couldnt think of anything that would cost that much parts/accessories-wise.

Nice car Mike. I was actually just out test driving an E63 last week after we got the gf's BMW out of transmission repair hell, aka, the dealer. I need four doors and four seats, but those new V-12s are nice. Saw one running at Pacific raceways last summer. The driver was a clown and had no idea how to launch the car(yes, even with his traction control on), and the car was still running high 12s!!! Good luck and let us know how the mods go:burnout: :burnout:

Greg

On the benz forum I'm on a guy took a stock one out, with drag radials and ran 11.50 at 123. Given the MPH, it's a 10 second car with traction.

As far as the truck, I don't even think about it. I have someone else that is handling the entire deal for me. Shipping of the truck to UG, shipping of motor to proline and the installation of it afterwords. I got tired of stressed about the truck. So I just put it in someone else's hands. The best thing I've ever done. When it's done, it's done and I'll get rid of it. Someone is going to steal that thing

The car is a work of art.

Sorry about the truck, but I understand. After so many problems it must be really hard.

Nah, after I got over being pissed about it, I was fine with it. I have enough other things going on, I just don't care. Just redirecting my energy into some new business stuff. I've been bored for the past couple of months and I let the truck and it's drama consume me. It was stupid. I got some motivation now to do some different things. We'll see how it goes.

There's an E60 M5 in our shop right now getting a full SuperSprint exhaust system - $20,000 in parts alone, plus the motor had to be removed to install the headers - still sounds like ass:confused:

Want to see some crazy fast E39 M5/Z8 - check these guys out, my team leader goes up there once or twice a month to work with them. 700+ rwhp

http://www.discovery-automotive.com/portal/modules.php?name=Static_Content&id=30

I have a buddy with a twin turbo m3 he keeps trying to sell me but the damn thing goes in atleast monthy for a new computer...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back