Ignition Coils

DarkReign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas, I recently bought a set of 10mm plug wires to prepare for a tuneup/ "upgrade" because there is no history of the ignition being refreshed and at almost 90k I figured I'd change that. Since I'm pulling the intake for the wires, I figured I'd replace the coils as well. I looked for an OEM set but noticed they are basically the same price as the set from JTSVP. Are the coils from JTSVP as good as the OEM's (mostly worried about longevity but any input on the performance would be appreciated).

Also, if the coils are as good as they are listed, with the 10mm wires and Champion plugs what gap should I run on an untuned truck? If there is anyone else is running this setup and can tell me what they think of it, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I'm happy with stock wires and coils. You can certainty change them out if you like. Stock gap is 0.035.

I didn't notice any difference with the screamin' Demon coils other than one of the power plugs needed to be massaged to fit.(there is a raised tit and groove that don't match). stick with OEM .Spend your money elsewhere. .....:burnout:

I didn't notice any difference with the screamin' Demon coils other than one of the power plugs needed to be massaged to fit.(there is a raised tit and groove that don't match). stick with OEM .Spend your money elsewhere. .....:burnout:

Where would you recommend buying a set of OEM coils? The only set I'd seen that was cheaper than the demon coils was Duralast from Autozone.....it was $20 cheaper. Given Ive never had any luck with Duralast in the past I'm fearful to get them. The viper store had the Mopar OEM but they were $300 for the set.

I have put Tony's coils on several trucks including my own. I can't say that I noticed a performance difference and they have only been on for a short time so I can't give a legitimate answer on longevity.

I changed my OEM coils and wires at 150K with the same. Was running fine at 150K but figured I was doing a bunch of other work so why not. With only 90K and no signs of issues why not just keep them?

I changed my OEM coils and wires at 150K with the same. Was running fine at 150K but figured I was doing a bunch of other work so why not. With only 90K and no signs of issues why not just keep them?

Mostly replacing them because I've read on average the coils/wires lasted 100k. I also got a great deal on 10mm wires, seperators and covers so I figure since I'll be in there doing wires I'll go ahead and swap the coils (Dont want to pull the manifold off more than I got to). Since the truck is my daily, Id rather be proactive than reactive on repairs, plus I figure whats it hurt to change them given the miles are a little "higher" anyways, worst case I keep a good running truck running well and best case I gain a little performance.

mine

Ive had JTSV coils and wires on for about 4 yrs now. Didnt notice any perf. gain, but have had 0 issues. Very nice setup..! My truck only has 52k on the odometer.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back