Ilmor 600 HP Boat Engine

That's what I'm talking about!!! :rock:

(Did anyone else notice that's a FLAME Red 06?)

redram10 said:
05 TAIL LIGHTS

They're the same. They didn't go to those "bug-eye" tail-lights til 07. That's definitely an 06 front end though!

010.jpg

Yellow venom said:
I would guess that those HP #'s are crank HP #s they probably get their #'s off a engine dyno.

Still 710Crank HP should equate to around 600RWHP. That's still really stout for a NA engine.

AND

They come with a 1 yr unlimited warranty. No mileage as their in a boat. Can you imagine running around WOT for a year. Woo WHoooo. :rock:

Maybe someone will chime in from the boat industry that knows whats all inside these things.

SHU

I spoke to Scoot at Ilmor, very cool guy! :rock: The covers are in stock, along with all the hardware to install. He told me the fuel rails must come off first since the fuel rail bolts secure the cover, AND a "tiny corner" of the intake must be ground down for a proper fit. The Ilmor logo is a sticker, but it is clearcoated over, so it can't be removed without a lot of work.

They are not cheap...i was given a price of $536 for the complete kit.

On another note, i asked about the SRT10. He told me it has the 700 hp marine motor and an "updated trans" lol He said its the fastest thing he has ever driven. :D

I know that one of my buddys had his twin motors built by Ilmor, BUT! There is a guy here locally that has built several 800hp motors on pump fuel with HUGE success. His name is Gordon Gale and he builds motors way stronger than Paul Phaff or any of those guys! He has built a merlin motor for a buddy of mine that has 795 on the dyno on pump gas. This motor has over 400hrs of run time (Again on pump gas) that is still running strong). Let me know if you would like to chat with Gordy!

FastSRT19 said:
I spoke to Scoot at Ilmor, very cool guy! :rock: The covers are in stock, along with all the hardware to install. He told me the fuel rails must come off first since the fuel rail bolts secure the cover, AND a "tiny corner" of the intake must be ground down for a proper fit. The Ilmor logo is a sticker, but it is clearcoated over, so it can't be removed without a lot of work.

They are not cheap...i was given a price of $536 for the complete kit.

On another note, i asked about the SRT10. He told me it has the 700 hp marine motor and an "updated trans" lol He said its the fastest thing he has ever driven. :D

Wow, didn't expect it to be that high but they are carbon fiber. Wish they would make an ABS version for about 1/2 that.

razorbackfan said:
Wow, didn't expect it to be that high but they are carbon fiber. Wish they would make an ABS version for about 1/2 that.
I agree with you, they would look great on our trucks, but not for $500+

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back