I'm bummed - First Time at the Track

Cruster

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lost Creek Raceway - 4,000 ft, 65degrees, RHumidity 68%. Everyone running slow they said but this is a bit too much for me. Good hookup and this slip is my best reaction time of three. Could not break 9.5. Tried heating the tires once and got the same. Oh, well, it's a QC and stock except for the tune. Input welcome. I would have won Sportsman's class by .2 if I'd raced...I just ran time only. I was the only truck and I gave new meaning to the term ledsled :dontknow: Had lots and lots of admirers though:D For what that's worth.

Timeslip002.jpg

Here are some of the cars. These were random pics....I was too busy to take a bunch and didn't even get the 5 second cars except the rail. Lotsa nice cars, not many nice pics.

LostCreekRaceway004.jpg

LostCreekRaceway005.jpg

LostCreekRaceway006.jpg

LostCreekRaceway007.jpg

LostCreekRaceway003.jpg

LostCreekRaceway002.jpg

LostCreekRaceway001.jpg

IMG]http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx82/raoulduk/LostCreekRaceway011.jpg[/IMG]

Had big fun! Haven't been down the strip since my early 30's. Built a '64 Nova like the white one in the pics....ours was way purtier:D :D :D Ran low 11's and high 10's. I think that's why I FELT slow....truck was just gettin goin at the eighth:dontknow: :dontknow: The nova would put your ass back in the seat hard, plus you had to shift. I don't think there was anyone there who was manually shifting all auto's and electronics. Shit has "changed" since I was at the track;) ;)

Don't think a 5800 pound truck with our gears is ever gonna do well in the eighth....the power to weight ratio is too far off....you guys runnin big mods can pull it off, but not me with a stock truck. Gonna do a throttle body and headers but don't think it will make that much difference, but it will sound like it does!!:D :D :D

I plan on racing next time, in about 3 weeks, that'll make it even more fun! Til I have to pay for another set of tires or something breaks:D :D :D

I went to the track last week, I have a q/c- drop in K&N and ran on a 93 tune done by unleashed tuning. Ran a 8.991, 13.948 at 99.65. so that times not to bad who did the tune on the vehicle.

Wow... This past Friday I ran a 8.72 all night long in this florida heat. Thanks to santeen throwing his drag radials on my truck my time went from 9.1's to 8.7's all night long!! It was low 90's/high 80's by the way with heavy humidity!

kickinassrt-10 said:
Wow... This past Friday I ran a 8.72 all night long in this florida heat. Thanks to santeen throwing his drag radials on my truck my time went from 9.1's to 8.7's all night long!! It was low 90's/high 80's by the way with heavy humidity!
You like them DR's dont you? :D You did mention the HEAVY humidity didn't you. Dude it was nasty out there.

SANTEEN said:
You like them DR's dont you? :D You did mention the HEAVY humidity didn't you. Dude it was nasty out there.
Bro I sweat my balls off in the 10 min it took to throw those DR's on. Amazing how sweet it was running that night...love those DR's though!!!!

kickinassrt-10 said:
Bro I sweat my balls off in the 10 min it took to throw those DR's on. Amazing how sweet it was running that night...love those DR's though!!!!
Do you feel as dumb as I do, for not going to the track all winter?

At 3:30 p.m. on June 12th at that track, the Density Altitude was over 6000 feet and THAT will kick the crap out of power numbers.
You were very likely down 100 h.p., compared to a sea-level track.

Last edited:
With stock tires stay out of the water. Go around it if you can. Do a dry hope and go to the line. Nice light. Also drop your air pressure to 22 psi. Were the runs about the same time? I race my magacab and it runs 9.9 to 10 in the 1/8th mile.

I agree, at that DA your times are on par especially with .2 off your 60ft. I cut 2.0 with slicks or street tires.12-14 psi I have found to be a sweet spot with both tires. To get any better 60ft outta our QCs you (we) need a stall converter that will put us in the 2900-3300 range on launch and bye-bye RCs.

VENOMOUS1 said:
I agree, at that DA your times are on par especially with .2 off your 60ft. I cut 2.0 with slicks or street tires.12-14 psi I have found to be a sweet spot with both tires. To get any better 60ft outta our QCs you (we) need a stall converter that will put us in the 2900-3300 range on launch and bye-bye RCs.
Hmmm, i can cut 1.9's on streets, with no mods but exhaust, now with slicks, no bye bye rc's :aetsch:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back