Improving 0-60 any thoughts

You're too much man! Lmao! You do know you coulda bought a pansy 4.7 or 5.7 and not a 500 HP piece of automotive history right? Who buys these trucks not to enjoy? Stock sucks but if you're happy with another vendor or vehicle, by all means go for it. Bashing on me, my business or my truck just makes you look more like the John Deere part runner you are ;)

You guys are a riot. I literally don't have anything better/more fun to do than read you two and everyone else who beefs around here, while in on standby at work. Props to the guys who make this place a virtual/real life drama for me to laugh at. :)

You're too much man! Lmao! You do know you coulda bought a pansy 4.7 or 5.7 and not a 500 HP piece of automotive history right? Who buys these trucks not to enjoy? Stock sucks but if you're happy with another vendor or vehicle, by all means go for it. Bashing on me, my business or my truck just makes you look more like the John Deere part runner you are ;)

First off BIG Tex I have a daily driver, and enjoy my ten almost every day in the summer...Second who said my truck was stock?? Next, business? what is this business you are mentioning....Because a business has a store front or at least a web site...Sorry you consider your self on the same level as some of the venders around here that are actually businesses...John Deere parts runner that's cute...Maybe if you had a BIG BOY job like I do you wouldn't struggle so much in life...Please just get of the web and make some money!!

Last edited:
First off BIG Tex I have a daily driver, and enjoy my ten almost every day in the summer...Second who said my truck was stock?? Next, business? what is this business you are mentioning....Because a business has a store front or at least a web site...Sorry you consider your self on the same level as some of the venders around here that are actually businesses...John Deere parts runner that's cute, call it what ya want BIG TEX!!!

Does a business started with ones own money automatically get a website and huge fancy shop? Maybe if you're born into money, but not here man. I'm building this shit ground up bud and sorry you don't understand that. VTCOA has been my home sir almost eight years so I chose to be a vendor here first and foremost. Websites take time and money. Two things I'm not made of, but intend to change. Remember I've only been a vendor a year! Oh yeah, you just joined about that time noobie ;)
No more TIME for you today but I'm sure you'll come up with some vomit out of your mouth ill have to respond to.
Have a Happy Thursday :damnmate:

Does a business started with ones own money automatically get a website and huge fancy shop? Maybe if you're born into money, but not here man. I'm building this shit ground up bud and sorry you don't understand that. VTCOA has been my home sir almost eight years so I chose to be a vendor here first and foremost. Websites take time and money. Two things I'm not made of, but intend to change. Remember I've only been a vendor a year! Oh yeah, you just joined about that time noobie ;)
No more TIME for you today but I'm sure you'll come up with some vomit out of your mouth ill have to respond to.
Have a Happy Thursday :damnmate:

Its time for a BIG BOY job Scott!!

Here is a calculator that works pretty well:

0-60 mph Calculator for Cars

Using the input of 550HP (flywheel), through sticky tires, on a sticky track, on a RWD vehicle, through a manual transmission, in a 4800 pound vehicle, it is hypothetically possible to run 0-60 in 4.2 seconds.

Here is a calculator that works pretty well:

0-60 mph Calculator for Cars

Using the input of 550HP (flywheel), through sticky tires, on a sticky track, on a RWD vehicle, through a manual transmission, in a 4800 pound vehicle, it is hypothetically possible to run 0-60 in 4.2 seconds.

yep just like the one I used...

How dare you....

GTFO TROLL!!!

My 1.63 60ft = 51 mph 0-60= 2.9 second 0-60 on slicks and sticky track. Street....not so much;)
Go to the track and practice your 60ft. Try various tire pressures, traction compounds, and launch techniques and you'll get ER done. :burnout:

Your numbers don't add up, Scott. Here is how I see it, based on the calculators at Wallace Racing, and your best 1/4 mile of 12.17 @ 111.9:

7.75 second 1/8 mile = 12.17 second 1/8 mile
12.17 1/4 mile = 1.69 60’
MPH at 60’ = 40.01
1.69 60’ @ 4800 pounds = 460.83HP
111.9 1/4 mile = 88.07 1/8 mile
0-60 time = 3.6 seconds

Your numbers don't add up, Scott. Here is how I see it, based on the calculators at Wallace Racing, and your best 1/4 mile of 12.17 @ 111.9:

MPH at 60’ = 40.01
0-60 time = 3.6 seconds

So you do have time at work today to mess around with this math thing.....

MPH at 60’ = 40.01
0-60 time = 3.6 seconds

Never said I was a mathematician. Now, looking at your math, its taking me a whole 2 seconds to go from 40-60mph. That's seems like that doesn't add up ;)
I can go from 0-40 in 1.6 but can't add 20mph in 2 seconds?
I do agree its between my number and your number and regardless its F'n fast for a 4 door DD truck with high mileage and no power adders :smokin:

Never said I was a mathematician. Now, looking at your math, its taking me a whole 2 seconds to go from 40-60mph. That's seems like that doesn't add up ;)
I can go from 0-40 in 1.6 but can't add 20mph in 2 seconds?
I do agree its between my number and your number and regardless its F'n fast for a 4 door DD truck with high mileage and no power adders :smokin:

First of all, Halfwit: "your feeble attempt to participate in any intelligent conversation only exaggerates your already pathetic lack of mental ability."

My math doesn't add up? You have to shift between 40-60 MPH. Based on our shifting thread, you take .28 seconds to shift. That means your truck requires 1.72 seconds to move from 40-60mph, or .86 seconds per 10 MPH. On average, that's how hard a 120 mph 1/4 mile car accelerates over an entire run. If you think your truck is quicker than that, you are delusional. Your truck moves from 0-40 in 1.6 seconds because the power is exponentially multiplied when making an inanimate object animate. I'm sure I can calculate the exact multiplier if necessary.

**credit for quote given to Mark Lowry

Last edited:
First of all, Halfwit: "your feeble attempt to participate in any intelligent conversation only exaggerates your already pathetic lack of mental ability."

My math doesn't add up? You have to shift between 40-60 MPH. Based on our shifting thread, you take .28 seconds to shift. That means your truck requires 1.72 seconds to move from 40-60mph, or .86 seconds per 10 MPH. On average, that's how hard a 120 mph 1/4 mile car accelerates over an entire run. If you think your truck is quicker than that, you are delusional. Your truck moves from 0-40 in 1.6 seconds because the power is exponentially multiplied when making an inanimate object animate. I'm sure I can calculate the exact multiplier if necessary.

**credit for quote given to Mark Lowry

It's necessary

Gotcha, sounds legit to me. Again in no math wiz. Thanks for your mad skills :rock:

I'm going to ignore all the drama and the statistics.

OP you can work on your 60' at the track. That will get you the best results. It's not always easy to do or learn and it does take practice. Just make sure you have some sort of traction bars and a drive shaft loop. I dont want you to get wheel hop and destroy a drive shaft and the under side of your truck. Also remember, launching on good rubber on a well prepped track is very hard on the drive train. That's when things brake. If fixing the truck isnt in your budget, may want to hold off. With that said, i wont even waste my time going to the track on street tires. I want my 60 the best it can.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back