Improving 0-60 any thoughts

04RCMike

Reaction score
I have an 04 rc with the stock 4.10's and what is important to me is 0-60. It currently has a sct tune, k and n cold air and flowmasters super 40. I have never had it on a dyno or to the track so I have no idea of the increase in performance. What I would like to accomplish is making his thing run 0-60 in the low 3's. Idont want to put on drag rims with slicks. I love the stock rims and i will be lowering it more than it is now with a tire with a sidewall shorter than stock maybe an inch or more. I have read alot of good reviews on 4.88 gears but I havent read if they help with 0-60. There are super chargers and turbos and the motor has a ton of hp torque potential but does anyone have experience with what modifications would make the best 0-60 sticking with the stock rims and low profile tires?

I have an 04 rc with the stock 4.10's and what is important to me is 0-60. It currently has a sct tune, k and n cold air and flowmasters super 40. I have never had it on a dyno or to the track so I have no idea of the increase in performance. What I would like to accomplish is making his thing run 0-60 in the low 3's. Idont want to put on drag rims with slicks. I love the stock rims and i will be lowering it more than it is now with a tire with a sidewall shorter than stock maybe an inch or more. I have read alot of good reviews on 4.88 gears but I havent read if they help with 0-60. There are super chargers and turbos and the motor has a ton of hp torque potential but does anyone have experience with what modifications would make the best 0-60 sticking with the stock rims and low profile tires?

Our traction system will plant your tires much harder! Going to a Lower profile is backwards of what you want though. You need sidewall to take the shock if the launch, 15-20 psi in the softest (worst tread wear rating) 22" tire you can find. Go to several tire shops and dig your fingernail into the tread. You want the softest period being we have no DRs. Have those tires hear cycled and soften with VHT coatings and burnouts. Chinese cheap tires seem to work best ;)
Leave your gears as is ;)

Without drag rims and slicks, you aren't pulling 0-60 in the low 3s, EVER!!!

Traction is going to be your main concern. Shorter gears/more power, are both going to cause a greater lack of traction. If I was you, I would start with weight reduction (gutted bumpers, etc) and a traction adder (cal-tracs or VR1 long bars). Once you have done that, we need to talk about tire selection.

I was thinking the same thing that more power wouldnt necessarily work cause it would make it much easier to slip. VENOMOUS1 RACING, it looks like you have a store but I was having trouble finding a link or just figuring out what page to go to?
Do you guys think its possible to even dip into the 3's with a good soft low profile tire and the suspention a few of you were talking about? I would love to be able to smoke the newer camaros and mustangs and hoping to hang with a newer vette. That would earn alot of respect. I know I could put 1000 hp to it and it would be sick but around here we mainly run light to light. All the 1/4 mile spots have been stalked by the cops. I also dont want to by a viper or vette etc... cause there all over, I am the only one that I have come accross with a ram srt10 in this area. Besides these trucks are sick, you all know that.

I was thinking the same thing that more power wouldnt necessarily work cause it would make it much easier to slip. VENOMOUS1 RACING, it looks like you have a store but I was having trouble finding a link or just figuring out what page to go to?
Do you guys think its possible to even dip into the 3's with a good soft low profile tire and the suspention a few of you were talking about? I would love to be able to smoke the newer camaros and mustangs and hoping to hang with a newer vette. That would earn alot of respect. I know I could put 1000 hp to it and it would be sick but around here we mainly run light to light. All the 1/4 mile spots have been stalked by the cops. I also dont want to by a viper or vette etc... cause there all over, I am the only one that I have come accross with a ram srt10 in this area. Besides these trucks are sick, you all know that.

You should be able to walk new Camaro's and Mustang's now. Remember, they have the same traction limitations on the street that you do.

On the street, 9/10 times the better driver wins.

everything on this truck is HEAVY!! Weight reduction ,Good soft tires and a launch technique . Still doubtful on the 3.0 60'. more power than traction!!

If you want to achieve 60mph in the low 3 second range start by removing your bed, doors, fenders, hood, and probably the cab and you might have a shot at it!!!! Good Luck!

My 1.63 60ft = 51 mph 0-60= 2.9 second 0-60 on slicks and sticky track. Street....not so much;)
Go to the track and practice your 60ft. Try various tire pressures, traction compounds, and launch techniques and you'll get ER done. :burnout:

My 1.63 60ft = 51 mph 0-60= 2.9 second 0-60 on slicks and sticky track. Street....not so much;)
Go to the track and practice your 60ft. Try various tire pressures, traction compounds, and launch techniques and you'll get ER done. :burnout:

I think his time is better spent practicing his launch on the street. My launch RPM varies from 1500 RPM to 2500 RPM, depending on temperature and road condition. I'm sure this would be a lot different on a well prepped track.

I think his time is better spent practicing his launch on the street. My launch RPM varies from 1500 RPM to 2500 RPM, depending on temperature and road condition. I'm sure this would be a lot different on a well prepped track.

yeah if you want to be quick on the street a sticky prepped track will not help you one bit...

Wow 2.9 sec on the track 0-60, thats gotta be a fun ride. Thanks guys, im going to look into the suspension mods mentioned and go to a 295/25-22 which comes out to be the same as changing the rear gears to 4.56 with stock tires. Im going to use lower pressures and practice alot. Thank again everyone.

Hey Scott, how do you get those #'s? I just looked at my slips and the only mph are at the 1/8 and the 1/4. Is there a calculation that you used or do you have a more detailed time slip?

Without drag rims and slicks, you aren't pulling 0-60 in the low 3s, EVER!!!

When did you pull a 1.63 60'

Hey Scott, how do you get those #'s? I just looked at my slips and the only mph are at the 1/8 and the 1/4. Is there a calculation that you used or do you have a more detailed time slip?

There are conversion charts out there. Google 60ft to 0-60 conversion chart

When did you pull a 1.63 60'

Over a year ago on your tires on my 12.18 run man. :)

Wow 2.9 sec on the track 0-60, thats gotta be a fun ride. Thanks guys, im going to look into the suspension mods mentioned and go to a 295/25-22 which comes out to be the same as changing the rear gears to 4.56 with stock tires. Im going to use lower pressures and practice alot. Thank again everyone.

That was 0-50 my friend..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back