In Dash video input

Exo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for input on an in dash video system for an 05 QC.(stupid 1.5 din)
I think I want to do a flip out screen because I am going to do it myself and I don't want to butcher my dash up. It would be nice to keep my stock satellite radio if possible. Also keep my steering wheel controls. Nav would be nice but not necessary and I need bluetooth(Can it use my stock mirror controls)?

Any ideas?:D

Are you looking to display video on the radio head or simply tie in the "Overhead" video display for the back seat.

Overhead Video Display unit will not fit in a QC with Sun Roof.

If you are going with the overhead video unit then you should contact SpudRacer, he just completed this mod and kept all of the controls that you mentioned. No Video was directed to the radio head in his setup. He kept his RB1 unit...

I wanted a head unit video setup. But now after going around and looking at prices at some of the local custom audio shops i am not to sure I want to now. Around 4k for what I am looking for.

Exo said:
I wanted a head unit video setup. But now after going around and looking at prices at some of the local custom audio shops i am not to sure I want to now. Around 4k for what I am looking for.
Hope that price is for more than a head unit. Next time go with out the truck and just tell them you have a Dodge ram:D

The price was supply and install of a 2 DIN kenwood head unit with nav/sat radio/ and DVD.

They said the cost of a single din with all that stuff is almost the same price and it wouldn't work as well.

Exo said:
The price was supply and install of a 2 DIN kenwood head unit with nav/sat radio/ and DVD.

They said the cost of a single din with all that stuff is almost the same price and it wouldn't work as well.
They are trying to rape you... Even with the custom work to build the DD bezel they couldn't justify 4 grand for what you want. Four grand should get you a full system built with high end equipment.

I only paid 2k for mine. I did not get the Nav, but everything else is the same.
Sat
Ipod
Usb
and steering wheel controls

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Picture010.jpg

Exo said:
Looking for input on an in dash video system for an 05 QC.(stupid 1.5 din)
I think I want to do a flip out screen because I am going to do it myself and I don't want to butcher my dash up. It would be nice to keep my stock satellite radio if possible. Also keep my steering wheel controls. Nav would be nice but not necessary and I need bluetooth(Can it use my stock mirror controls)?

Any ideas?:D
Check this out.
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30638

I did the Full Kicker Upgrade. Part numbers are:

Sub and Sub Amp 77KICK17AB approx $550
Speaker Amp 77KICK17AB approx $180
Rear Door Speakers 77KICK32 approx $100
Front Door and Dash Tweeters 77KICK11 approx $125

Prices are ballpark since they do varry between vendors.

Here is the cheepest place that carries everything, ask for Ted Harris

Trust me there is Night Day Diff in the sound, sounds like you put twice the price into it and the Sub Hits so hard you will be turning the bass down.. :)

Last edited:
Is it pretty much just remove the old and install the new? No wiring changes or anything.

Any idea how much it would cost to have the bezel trimmed for a double din? I can do everything else but don't want the face plate to look hacked up:adore:
thanks in advance!

The only thing that was not plug and play was the tweeter connectors on the dash, don't know why but they were different on my 06, may work perfect on the 04-05 just don't know. Everything else was very fast and easy. For the 04-05 with the speaker amp under the center console that will be easier than the 06 which is under the passenger side dash. Needs a 97ft (actually about an 18") extention to get back to a single bolt out and then back in..

Just upgraded my 6 speakers to the kickers and I love it. Haven't done the amp yet or sub/amp. Old speakers would sound shitty at 32 on the stock stereo but these go to max and still sound great. Only had connector issues with the tweeters in the dash. Had to solder those. Other then that it was taking me less then an hour easily.

Exo said:
Just upgraded my 6 speakers to the kickers and I love it. Haven't done the amp yet or sub/amp. Old speakers would sound shitty at 32 on the stock stereo but these go to max and still sound great. Only had connector issues with the tweeters in the dash. Had to solder those. Other then that it was taking me less then an hour easily.

You get the kicker sub in there too Todd?:dontknow:

I did the Kicker Sub Amp with the Kicker Sup and the darn thing Hits so hard that I have the Sub adjusted to a "Middle 0" or a Negitive -1". Full +10 on the Sub is WAY Too Much... :)

Ya I like the sub in the truck. Just enough "boom" for me. I still need to buy the speaker amp but even without it the speakers are way clearer.

I just paid 800 for my 05 to get the new JVC avx with navi doulble din installed and it looks great will take pics.... I have all JL Audio componets and JL w3 replacing the infinity garbage

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back