In the process of Buying one, need help?

Rickspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am currently in the process of buying an 05 yellow fever srt-10 quad cab. Truck looks great, only 10k miles on it, but the dealer just had to replace the cats, because they were clogged, any info on this, or why this might occur? Now there seems to be some sort of issue with oil pressure as well. It looks like they might be puttting in a whole new motor. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Rickspeed said:
I am currently in the process of buying an 05 yellow fever srt-10 quad cab. Truck looks great, only 10k miles on it, but the dealer just had to replace the cats, because they were clogged, any info on this, or why this might occur? Now there seems to be some sort of issue with oil pressure as well. It looks like they might be puttting in a whole new motor. Any help would be great. Thanks.

my best suggestion would be to try and get hold of the previous owner.

I think I'd go find another truck...you're after the right color, but there's no way I'd buy that one. There's at least one YF Q/C for sale here on the site, I'd look at that one, if it were me...

Rickspeed said:
Right now I got them down to $ 33,000. They had it listed for $37,000.

dont sound bad to me, get with mopar connection bucke and see if you can contact the previous owner and ask all questions you can, i found that is the best way to do when buying used, the salesman will lie his ass off, the previous owner could care less and tell you anything most of the time:D

cant get the phone number of previous owner... not listed also privacy law act of coarse. I can tell you that its had minimal repairs done. warranty expires on march 5th 2008. was orginally purchased in PA. there's nothing that alerts me about the truck. hope this helps.

TheMoparConnection said:
cant get the phone number of previous owner... not listed also privacy law act of coarse. I can tell you that its had minimal repairs done. warranty expires on march 5th 2008. was orginally purchased in PA. there's nothing that alerts me about the truck. hope this helps.

Anything helps at this point, Thanks :)

That is a great price if it has low mileage! I wish I could find one at that price around here. You might want to negotiate an extended warranty if it is a dodge dearlershit (I would only go with a Dodge warranty though)!

The cats could have been clogged due to the engine running rich (VEC2 or Flash). I would worry about this truck. Not so much for the cats but for the oil pressure.

FlyingLow said:
The cats could have been clogged due to the engine running rich (VEC2 or Flash). I would worry about this truck. Not so much for the cats but for the oil pressure.

Well from what I am hearing the oil pressure might be a non issue. At first start up there is a slight knock then goes away. The pressure guage on the dash reads 50, then drops to 25 when you give it gas when cold. After it warms up it sits at 25 then goes to 50 when you give it gas. The engine also has a kinda rough idle.

Please let me know what happens with this since I am in the market for a YF and I do not want this particular one if it has issues. How many miles are on this one?

I think you found a really good price but wonder if it is that price for a reason? :dontknow:

Good luck either way... I am jealeous!

Paul

amtrucker22 said:
Please let me know what happens with this since I am in the market for a YF and I do not want this particular one if it has issues. How many miles are on this one?

I think you found a really good price but wonder if it is that price for a reason? :dontknow:

Good luck either way... I am jealeous!

Paul

I will def keep everyone informed as things proceed, and I thank everyone for there feedback so far, and if anybody else can add any info to what I got so far would be great. Thanks, Rick.

Like others have said. Go find another place to spend your money. There's plenty of these things around

:2in1:
Steve

rick welcome aboard man!!

I personally went to the dealer with rick and the truck looks reallllly good . if we can get the engine straightened out we got a new member. I will be jealous, yellow fever is the way to go!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back