Increase in power from SCT

msdnga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dyno day is going great for as hot as it is here in Florida. Here is 1QKSRT (Mickeys dyno run) chart. This is a stock motor with full factory cats, enjoy!:rock:

Attachments

• Mickey.jpg
    Mickey.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 167
That is some awesome numbers for a stock block with the Paxton and Gibson shorties...Wow.

I thought a paxton on a stock block was good for an additional 200 flywheel HP. Yours is close if not at 250 RWHP.:eek: :eek: Great Numbers.:rock: :rock:

What is your maximum knock sensor voltage that you allow before you pull back timing on your tunes. Also I know the B&G Stage2 flash for QC's was pinging due to too much timing between 2500 - 4000 rpm range on 91 octane gas. This is exactly where the I think the SCT will do better than the Stage2 flash for QC's. It would be nice to see the graphs on a stage2 then a SCT tune especially in the above described rpm range.

Brad

Those are some great numbers Mickey. Please post up the A/F I wanna check that out. Looks like I'll see Marty in the very near future.

Those are some great numbers. Way to go Marty and congratulations Mickey. Now it's track time.

Just got home,
I,m a little beat,Today was a blast.I,ll have some vids to post tomorrow(sorry)
My friend Chris will put them together tonight.The list of attendees were:Chris Bronke(flsrt),Brat(Earl),Sixpakattack(Dennis),Jake(black 1)and friends,Mike(Greyghost)(Newbe)and myself.
Everyone did good today,inspite of the 90 plus degree temp..the average Tq was in the 485/490 range.
My numbers are on a safe tune,700 plus could of been attained easily,But we decided to leave well enough alone:D
I want to thank Marty for a Job well done,He personally handled everyones tune in a professional and courteous manner:congrats:

Thanks for a great day guys! I completely re-map the table and unless the fuel octane changes, the KR with 93 will never engage..but I leave it on so if you get a bad batch of fuel (as we did today on the Merritt Island Truck) it will kill the timing. In other words, I don't mess with them, I leave them active and run good fuel.
1QKSRT had 611 on his old fueling system last time we dynoed it in Feb. The SCT first full pull was 633. Next was 664 and then we decided to stop at 671.
I usually set the AFR for N/A at 12.5-12.8 and boosted 11.8afr across the board. No real secret there...
We removed the double fuel pumps and stock injectors, installed 60lbrs, 2 bar MAP and the SCT Tuner.

I'll post up the dyno differences on all trucks a little later. But the best one, besides Mickey's, was beating my own previous SCT flash on Earls truck.

See you guys next weekend at the GTG, I'll be there with one nasty turbo
6-speed Ram to show you brothers what a burnout really is!!

msdnga said:
.....but I leave it on so if you get a bad batch of fuel (as we did today on the Merritt Island Truck) it will kill the timing. In other words, I don't mess with them, I leave them active and run good fuel.....

That was me, BTW. :eek: :D Damn HESS fuel. :mad: We knew it was no good, as soon as the truck fired up.... :argh: We had to settle for a 91oct tune, and Marty STILL pulled an extra 40LB/FT out of her. :congrats:

First of all,Thanks to Marty,Randy and Mickey for a great day !!! Great seeing everyone again !!!As for #'s,I won't complain at all !!!435hp/490tq !!!!Works for me untill I get my Paxton !!!Now on to the next gtg !!!Watch out Earl and Julie,we're coming to town !!!:D :D :D :D :D

Here you go, all the before and afters from today's dyno GTG. I threw in FlaSRT's Jeep dyno, just to give you V-10 guys something to shoot fer! Just kiddin!

Attachments

• DD1QC.jpg
    DD1QC.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DD2QC.jpg
    DD2QC.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 35
  • DD3QC.jpg
    DD3QC.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 35
  • DD4QC.jpg
    DD4QC.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 36
  • DD5RC.jpg
    DD5RC.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Jeep.jpg
    Jeep.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 42
Here is the AFR slope on the Paxton as straight as we can get it...

Attachments

• DDRCAFR.jpg
    DDRCAFR.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 44
And a bone stock factory fuel curve...

Attachments

• DDQCAFRSTK.jpg
    DDQCAFRSTK.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 42
The ride home was a hoot!!!:rock!!
Launching will be a new challenge on stockers!!!:burnout:

Latest posts