Infinety sub

LarryB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Infinety sub and amp, it does not appear to be working. I have not checked for a bad fuse yet. Just wondering if it is a decent system when working or problematic?
Thanks

Never heard one play before. Infinity speakers usually sound pretty decent though. I have Infinity Kappa Perfect components in 2 of my cars and I love the sound.

I replaced the aftermarket deck that was in mine, added a 5 channel amp and put 2 pioneer subs in it, than I ran the infinity sub(which I ordered) in series with the other 2, only because the prior owner had removed it, than the stock infinity amp would get super hot but it was not putting power out to the sub, or the dash tweets ! So it’s best if you bypass the amp and get power to it through a different amp

Sounds great In stock form ! Likely sub is shot. With radio on , press down on sub after removing grill. If it starts playing either voice coil or wires to it are loose/shot

Do you not have the stock setup in your truck?

No. When i bought my truck it had Kenwood speakers and a Kenwood DVD player and also 2 10" MTX Thunderforms subs under the rear seat. So never heard a stock system.

My infinity Kappa Perfect components sound awesome though. Very loud and clear. Still got the subs. Need to upgrade them though.

No. When i bought my truck it had Kenwood speakers and a Kenwood DVD player and also 2 10" MTX Thunderforms subs under the rear seat. So never heard a stock system.

My infinity Kappa Perfect components sound awesome though. Very loud and clear. Still got the subs. Need to upgrade them though.

The prior owner did you a favor then. While the stock system was "cutting edge" in the early 2000's the newer stock stuff in mopars make it sound bad. However, unless your an audiophile it is fine, I think most of us prefer the sound of a good exhaust over a booming system anyway though.

I also put all Rockford door speakers, back panels and dash !

The stock infinity system sounds clean, mine did anyway. But it's definitely not enough thump. Gotta be able to turn it up to like 22 and feel your inner ear being tickled. I mean how are the ladies gonna know I'm cool if they can't hear Def Leppard from a block away?

The stock infinity system sounds clean, mine did anyway. But it's definitely not enough thump. Gotta be able to turn it up to like 22 and feel your inner ear being tickled. I mean how are the ladies gonna know I'm cool if they can't hear Def Leppard from a block away?

HAH!! just made me buy that album on itunes lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back