Installed t-stat today

i bought a mod for my srt8 charger that takes away the torque management and has a switch to turn fans on manually, im sure it can be done here also.

eddie102870 said:
i bought a mod for my srt8 charger that takes away the torque management and has a switch to turn fans on manually, im sure it can be done here also.

I believe this is 2 different things. The srt-8's (6.1's) have electric fans if i'm not mistaken. The srt-10 fans are hydraulic and run off the power steering fluid.

didnt know that, wouldnt a electric solenoid of some sort control it, if you can set run times with the ecu. just thinking out loud, havent even looked at it.

hmm...i'm not sure. I know it is programmed in the PCM to turn on at certain temps, but I don't know if you can hook-up a manual 'override', I would doubt it though...

-Red

scrambler13

I just noticed today that even when I first get in my truck the temp hand is on 140 and not all the way down on the peg like I would think it should be. Is anyone else's temp hand the same. Mine may not be reading acurate. Check yours and let me know.

Wade

RedSrt007 said:
hmm...i'm not sure. I know it is programmed in the PCM to turn on at certain temps, but I don't know if you can hook-up a manual 'override', I would doubt it though...

-Red
Did you miss my post in this thread ;) I have overridden my stock setup. I just want to drive it more to see how it works out before I explain how I did it. Now it just needs to stop raining here.

I just swapped for a 170 degree stat tonight. Still got up to 200 racing around town but it warmed up quite a bit slower than normal which is where these stats really help especially when used in conjunction with a fan mod. I had one on my Magnum RT used w/ a 170 degree stat and it would hang at 185 all the time.

Stingray....I am patiently awaiting details on your fan override mod! Good luck w/ that!

Back