Installing my K&N today

Soapy00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man this seems much more involved than installing on my hemi...anyone have any tips?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

ya got the directions???

if not K&N usually has installations instructions on their web site for most models

Remove the stock Intake assembly and filter. One 10mm bolt on the front of it and then a couple rubber grommets that go into the spare battery tray.

Remove the stock intake tube. Be careful when you remove the intake temperature sensor. It pulls right out.

Install the new K&N intake tube and the breather tubes from the valve cover. Install intake temperature sensor.

Bolt the heat shield to the truck. Install new filter.

Your done.

I think the pass battery tray has to be removed also..........

Yes, passenger battery tray needs to be removed, remove passenger side front wheel well liner for easier access. Shouldn't take more than an hour.

Yes, passenger battery tray needs to be removed, remove passenger side front wheel well liner for easier access. Shouldn't take more than an hour.

I didn't have to remove the battery tray when I installed my JMB intake.

Don't have too on that one, k&n and mopar you do.

I didn't have to remove the battery tray when I installed my JMB intake.

The hugundous filter for the K&N sits right where the battery tray goes, as well as the heat shield.

Re: Installing my K&N today

Haha yeah it came with detailed instructions, just wanted to know if I should be prepared for anything not mentioned.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Back