Insurance at the Track

riley6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you fellows do for insurance while using the Beast at a track? So many insurance carriers exclude coverage if "racing" or even looking at a track. Or do you just take your chances? Thanks.

I have meant to check with my ins co about that....dont know if they would cover....sure would be bad to make payments on a pile of metal...:(

I looked into this when I first took my truck to the track. I was quoted a recockulus amount... I think they wanted triple what I pay for a year for three months coverage.

Exactly, I really don't see anyone talking about this; but seems like a big deal to me.

tsmith3 said:
I looked into this when I first took my truck to the track. I was quoted a recockulus amount... I think they wanted triple what I pay for a year for three months coverage.

So you just take the risk?

get that crap towed to your house and say a buddy did it and you are where too drunk to remember who it was.

FATJACK said:
Yep, but you might be able to get a rider on your policy from one of the specialty insurance companys.

I see. What are some companys that handle this type of thing? Is it expensive?

I'm thinking maybe one of the classic or musclecar companies that advertise on Barrett-Jackson, from what I have heard their rates are very reasonable.

KINGMADE said:
get that crap towed to your house and say a buddy did it and you are where too drunk to remember who it was.
that is very dishonest and that is why rates are already so high.....not to mention criminal......not to bash you but giving advice should not constitute a felony

505'sFastestViper. said:
that is very dishonest and that is why rates are already so high.....not to mention criminal......not to bash you but giving advice should not constitute a felony

LOL...when did you become the moral police.....;) :marchmellow:

riley6 said:
So you just take the risk?

Yeppers, The way I see it's still safer then the doing it on the street.

If I could find a reasonable price for track inusrance I would jump on it.

TNVIPER said:
LOL...when did you become the moral police.....;) :marchmellow:
i was bein a smartass drive it like you stole and then report that bitch stolen lol:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :rock: :) :) :)

Most people including myself just take my chances at the track. I bought the truck so I can race it. Racing on the street................just dumb and criminal.

Racing at the track............right thing to do but no insurance company rewards you for being responsible.

I would love to see some affordable insurance for the responsible racer. Who knows of any companies that offer the insurance at a track and what did you pay?

SrtBrad said:
Most people including myself just take my chances at the track. I bought the truck so I can race it. Racing on the street................just dumb and criminal.

Racing at the track............right thing to do but no insurance company rewards you for being responsible.

I would love to see some affordable insurance for the responsible racer. Who knows of any companies that offer the insurance at a track and what did you pay?
Good thinkin Brad, but if you work real hard on getting Jaymies engine ready, you won't be at the track much for awhile :p :p :p :D :rock: :marchmellow:

I just stay away from the track..

1. Less worries
  2. less stress on the machine
  3. more money in my pocket

I have heard rumors of insurance companies going to drag strips and taking photos of cars license plates that are racing...has anyone ever had an insurance company contact them after a trip to the track?

Prof said:
I have heard rumors of insurance companies going to drag strips and taking photos of cars license plates that are racing...has anyone ever had an insurance company contact them after a trip to the track?

:eek: OMG I never thought of someone falling victim to that possibility. :mad: That sucks.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back