Insurance Claims

Yea pretty much the insurance companies, they have a tread gauge that reads how much tread has been used, they will look up the tire and it will tell the factory tread depth, if you have used half of the tires life, you get paid for half of the tire in the replacement.. Really sucks if you are down to the last 20% and they are only replacing one tire in the front of a fwd car.. Because then you get paid 20% and then you have to buy the other front tire..

Another sore subject because I have had customers throw a fit about this and demand I pay for the rest of the tire and the other tire because it was not their fault.. NEWS FLASH,, not my fault either.. lol.

Um....What does that have to do with having your tires and wheels stolen? :canabis:

I guess my shop is just different then others. Maybe because I work on 1/2 million dollar cars. We also have a fenced in shop..we have had radios and such stole befor and windows broke and yes with out a doubt we paid for it. We take it upon our self to just get it fixed even befor asking customer knows although we let them know. Just don't see why should bother them with the problem that was in our hands. Just my 2 cents and it don't mean shit

All this means is that your shop is exactly where I want to have my stuff fixed. I am personal responsibility advocate. In your businesses case, they take personal responsibility for the vehicles in their care. The other three shops who have spoken up so far blame the customer for damages/loss incurred when the vehicles were under the shops care. That's not taking responsibility, that's passing the blame because it effects the bottom line, and it shows lack of character, IMO.

All this means is that your shop is exactly where I want to have my stuff fixed. I am personal responsibility advocate. In your businesses case, they take personal responsibility for the vehicles in their care. The other three shops who have spoken up so far blame the customer for damages/loss incurred when the vehicles were under the shops care. That's not taking responsibility, that's passing the blame because it effects the bottom line, and it shows lack of character, IMO.

are you implying that my character is poor? Tread lightly Chevy boy...... :D

are you implying that my character is poor? Tread lightly Chevy boy...... :D

Poor? Homie, you and I both know that you are a closet millionaire :D. Seriously though, I am usually one of the first ones to defend dealerships from the large amount of hate that is out there. But, in the scenario you and I discussed earlier in this thread, how can you not feel responsible for the customers car (new car, left for long term diagnosis of a problem, under warranty)?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back