Insurance Crows

Down here we drive ours year round :aetsch:

Age 31 / Progressive $135.00 a month. Thats with a damn speeding ticket i got in the Caddy i traded in from 2yrs ago. Once i read them the VIN they knew it was a SRT-10 2004.

$646 per month.
09 challenger r/t
07 mazda rx/8
06 magnum r/t
04 ram srt10

29 year old male, 28 year old female, 23 year old male.
Allstate with our homeowners policy discount, one total loss for me at 19, one for my wife at 22. Full coverage on each vehicle, 50/50/50 500 ded.

yeah statefarm here its listed as a ram 1500 should be for most insurance since the srt-10 is actually a package added to the truck if i am correct.

AMA is a bit of a pain when it comes to parking two vehicles in the winter. I have to pay for the whole year, then request a refund during the winter. ICBC was easier to deal with for seasonal driving.

Im sure its because hes under 25. Also could be because of driving record, tickets and how long he has actually had a license. I have always heard insurance drops when you turn 25.

AMA is a bit of a pain when it comes to parking two vehicles in the winter. I have to pay for the whole year, then request a refund during the winter. ICBC was easier to deal with for seasonal driving.

AMA is OK....Until you have an accident.
I was in an accident when I was covered by AMA with an old Ranger I had.
The accident was not my fault but since I had collision I had to deal with them. The truck was only a year old and there was a stress dent in the center of the hood. I wanted a new hood and they refused. I will never give AMA business ever again.:mad:

Nice Jab

Up here we get to use our snowmobiles almost year round :)

and some of us use our trucks year round....

AMA is OK....Until you have an accident.
I was in an accident when I was covered by AMA with an old Ranger I had.
The accident was not my fault but since I had collision I had to deal with them. The truck was only a year old and there was a stress dent in the center of the hood. I wanted a new hood and they refused. I will never give AMA business ever again.:mad:

I got a quote for my 07 Cobalt SS/SC when i first moved to edmonton, they wanted to charge me $8000 a year!!!!....i went in, in person for that and soon as they said that. I looked at my gf and we got up and walked right out. At that time i was 23 with 2 speeding tickets and 1 accident and the car was only worth $19,000.

I ended up going with State-Farm, then i went with Klondyke Insurence for my motorbike a year later but i needed my driver abstract, which i gave them the original copy. When i asked for it, they said i never gave it to them. So i said "cancel my policy right now...." and i went with Klondyke for my bike and car, well now the truck and bike. And i couldnt be happier. I'm paying about 2300 year for the truck and 765 a year for my bike. They gave me a few discounts and thankfuly one ticket came off my record and they dont raise your rates until you hit 3. Because when i had my 370z i did somethine once and ill never do it again. Was street racing with a GT-R and got busted doing 189kmh in a 100 zone. Cop told me he could take my licence and car and give me a $10,000 fine. He marked it down to $355 and 4 points. I went to the court date and got it lowerd to $177 and 2 points, but the insurence company doesnt even care about it at all...rates stated the same.

Last edited:
Who is Grundy and are they a good insurance company????

damn, im with state farm and full coverage for me is $70 per month , but im 37 years old thou.:)

Last edited:
Heck I have the wife's 09 G8 GT / My 05 SRT QC / and my 02 Jeep GC and all 3 add up to $134.75 per month... ($1617 per year) Then for good meashure I put the SRT on a 3 month winter lay up and it reduces my yearly by $201 so $1,416 per year all have full coverage even the Jeep. It pays to shop around..

The SRT alone is $67.25 per month / drops to $6 per month during layup!

Posted by ramsrt711

Im sure its because hes under 25. Also could be because of driving record, tickets and how long he has actually had a license. I have always heard insurance drops when you turn 25.

It does widely have to do with age, location, driving record, points, tickets.. and the type of vehicle.

Not to bring this up again, I just wanted to share what I pay. You know, see, compare. I did ask my insurance agent today if they see it as RAM or SRT, and he said it will always show up as a RAM, but the VIN shows them it's an SRT. So you are technically paying for that part of it... it's kind of like in-between both RAM and Viper. That's all he knew anyway. I'd rather know that because if say for example, I get into an accident and the truck was only insured as a RAM but the damage was like $14,000 because it was SRT parts, you can bet it would be a problem with ICBC.

Obviously this doesn't apply, but it's always good to make sure in case something did change. This post was more of a fresher upper as I do read the forums a lot.

I got a $200 deductible with Full Coverage and Underinsured Motorist Protection. Looks like stiff competition with insurance in the States. Insane how many companies you can choose from.

Regards to Snakes709, that's brutal. Good thing you found an alternative for a situation like that, and better! Suppose it's a good thing that it happened the way it did, kinda makes you appreciate when things are easy before it gets so complicated. I can speak about getting pulled over lots for speeding, but I was always issued a warning as the officer couldn't recall how fast I was going when he came to my window, but I knew it was excessive. Smartened me right up, 7 times is just pushing it! This was not with the truck.

Last edited:
Then there are the few of us who decide not to participate in purchasing vehicle specific insurance.....;)

I'm 26 and with Geico 299. every 6 months.

Find that hard to believe to be honest.

I also have geico with multi car discount and mine is bout 100 bucks a month.

with 100/100.

and I am military which geico is all about, 31 years old with a spotless driving record.

And that was with my rental insurance raised up to the max.

is this a non driver/less than 5000 miles a year policy ?

I just throw a Dealer tag on it and let my Company pay for it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back