Intake box

NightRunner248

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone got a factory intake box/filter/mounting bolts laying "the whole thing" around? I'm putting my truck in the shop, need the factory intake so the extended warranty isint voided. Can they tell if I've had a tune on it? It's put back to the factory tune right now.

If they were to hook a scan tool like a snapon modis up to it they would be able to tell...06 I think they can and will (flash) it and remove your tune..what's it going into the shop for?

It will just look like the battery died because there won't be any memory in the PCM.

CAI kit DOES NOT VOID your warranty. If they try that shite, go somewhere else. BUT....I do have what you need (almost positive will check after work) if no one else chimes in, just pay the shipping.. Let me know.

Will

really. It takes that long for you to swipe your credit card.

No I changed them myself very easy to do.
I have also rebuilt busa engines by myself
I can weld mig and stick
Go through Holley carbs adj timing change out a clutch and swap a rearend.
Actually I probably have done more this week then you will accomplish in your whole pathetic life

Dom
Undefeated on the Internet

Heads on it takes much longer. Especially the under cowl ones:burnout:
Did valve drop from retainer/locks? Otherwise just replace the spring and check pushrods on a flat piece of glass

Anyone got a factory intake box/filter/mounting bolts laying "the whole thing" around? I'm putting my truck in the shop, need the factory intake so the extended warranty isint voided. Can they tell if I've had a tune on it? It's put back to the factory tune right now.

The government passed a law a couple of years ago that states that a warranty company can only deny coverage if they PROVE that the warrantied item failed as a RESULT of the aftermarket modification.

Leave the CAI. Your good.

Heads on it takes much longer. Especially the under cowl ones:burnout:
Did valve drop from retainer/locks? Otherwise just replace the spring and check pushrods on a flat piece of glass

Broke a spring, Valve dropped, got stuck, smacked the head, maybe hit a piston, dunno if theirs and block damage.

The government passed a law a couple of years ago that states that a warranty company can only deny coverage if they PROVE that the warrantied item failed as a RESULT of the aftermarket modification.

Leave the CAI. Your good.

Thanks for the info man, should I take off the ud pulley, and the vennom throttle body?

Thanks for the info man, should I take off the ud pulley, and the vennom throttle body?

I would in the interest of not giving them any ammo to use against you. Provided the dealership is fixing this make sure they account for all the broken parts. Pic below is of my missing valve keeper lodged in the block under where the crankshaft sits.

No I changed them myself very easy to do.
I have also rebuilt busa engines by myself
I can weld mig and stick
Go through Holley carbs adj timing change out a clutch and swap a rearend.
Actually I probably have done more this week then you will accomplish in your whole pathetic life

Dom

sending next to your engine builder doesn't mean that you did it too and I don't think my life is that pathetic.

And my credit card bill was more this month then you make all year lol

Dom

Some of us are not as lucky as you...

:)

Dom

Love you too pookie.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details