Intake manafold removal question

BadCompany9119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
me and some buddies are putting stinkers coil packs on but were having trouble getting the the last bolt off on the intake manifold in the very back, we can't get a wrench of socket or anything to get over it. What do you guys use to to remove this bolt with we can't find anything to fit over it and get it off?

Call me if you want 848-459-6646

Thanks, Chris

Here you go:D

"Originally Posted by JMB Justin
You'll need:
T20 torx
7/16 wrench and socket (shallow preferred)
1/4 drive ratchet and extensions
Flat Screwdriver
T30 socket

I just took mine off today, took about 30-40 minutes with air tools. The gaskets should be reusable, they are o-ring style, but you can replace them as well (will run you almost $100 for the set at list price). Remove the TB, Map sensor, IAC motor, power brake hose, injector clips, fuel rails, and valve cover breather line. Remove the clips holding the wiring harness to the intake. These are a pain and will require some prying. There are 5 I believe. Now the intake bolts. All of them are easily accessed either through the slots in the top of the manifold or from the side of the manifold except.......two back lower ones. This is where you get the T30 socket out and go through the narrow slot in the back. A socket will not work on the drivers side, but will on the passengers side (you cant pass it through the slot though). If the bolts fall, no biggie, the valley tray will catch them. That should take care of it, and the manifold should lift off (not light, its alot of aluminum!)
Justin"

Here is the tightening sequence
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=602056&postcount=6

The intake torque is Nm 11 or 95 inch pounds (not ft.pounds)

Just need an inch lb torque wrench, torque values that small should not be done with a Ft.Lb Torque wrench. The wrench is available at Harbour Frieght and most auto stores.Make sure you get a wobble head socket also, makes that one nasty bolt easier to get to.

Fahrenheit said:
I used an open ended wrench......its slow goings but it worked

i took a wrench and cut it in half so i could get a good swing on it:elefant:

SANTEEN said:
Yeah, I did that back one with a 6" T30 torx

But I put the 6" in place into the bolt ready to crank, then got another 3" extension to help clear the intake and give me more room to crank, made life easier. Take your time and tape the joins/connections of the 6" extension and torx bit together, more so when you're putting it back in/on. Off the top of my head it's #17? in the sequence so dropping your torx bit under the manifold at that stage is a one way ticket to the loony bin lol. ;)

Cheers!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back