Intercooler website

Tonkasmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been googling heat exchangers online and trying to find one that's at least 36 inches wide by 8-16 tall and 2-3 1/2 thick. Any websites other then frozen boost that anyone knows about. Thanks

Been googling heat exchangers online and trying to find one that's at least 36 inches wide by 8-16 tall and 2-3 1/2 thick. Any websites other then frozen boost that anyone knows about. Thanks

i got mine from cxracing.com

good luck

I have one for sale , not positive on exact size , but it will just fit between frame rails and is a little bit higher then the size of the two holes in the middle of the bumper, I can get u measurements on Mon. when I go home for days off if ur interested??
I also have two of the heat exchanges too that go above the exhaust manifold, a polished one and a yellow powder coated on.

Thanks guys I think I found the one to use and Yellow venom I appreciate the offer I am looking for an extremely large one more for looks then anything else. Thanks for the offer though.

I went with the 26x7x3.5 type 101 from frozen boost and the I ordered an upgraded intercooler From them as well it's a 12x12.5x4.5 little bit different inlet/outlet setup for the water coming from heat exchanger and going to pump, but it's minimal total setup makes intercooler maybe 30% larger give or take but the heat exchanger must be 3x's as big as the factory one. Also the intercooler fits on factory bracket so that will save time not trying to reinvent the wheel. All inlet/outlets for charger are exact same size as well the lines between intercooler and heat exchanger all match up so nothing to hard there. Right now I am putting on paper which connectors i need and am going to swap everything to stainless lines with blue/black connectors. Santeen would it be worth custom fabbing a pipe down to front center of bumper and then putting on the k&n 2 filter setup on the end of it. Thought it would look trick and help clean up the upper engine bay. I already put an adaptor on the SC intake and put a full size cone filter on it and put it directly over the hole on the passenger side front valance used zip ties to hold it in place and no problems with it at all. Thought this idea would be good and I could put heat shields around intake pipe then. Lol now I am trying to reinvent the wheel.

I also have two of the heat exchanges too that go above the exhaust manifold, a polished one and a yellow powder coated on.

A heat exchanger that goes above the exhaust manifold? Is that right? Trying to wrap my had around that one. That just doesn't sound right.

A heat exchanger that goes above the exhaust manifold? Is that right? Trying to wrap my had around that one. That just doesn't sound right.

It's not the hear exchanger, it's the water/air intercooler. The paxton kit has a bracket that mounts to the manifold and the intercooler sits on that. Not the best setup for cooler IAT's, but it works.

I went with the 26x7x3.5 type 101 from frozen boost and the I ordered an upgraded intercooler From them as well it's a 12x12.5x4.5 little bit different inlet/outlet setup for the water coming from heat exchanger and going to pump, but it's minimal total setup makes intercooler maybe 30% larger give or take but the heat exchanger must be 3x's as big as the factory one. Also the intercooler fits on factory bracket so that will save time not trying to reinvent the wheel. All inlet/outlets for charger are exact same size as well the lines between intercooler and heat exchanger all match up so nothing to hard there. Right now I am putting on paper which connectors i need and am going to swap everything to stainless lines with blue/black connectors. Santeen would it be worth custom fabbing a pipe down to front center of bumper and then putting on the k&n 2 filter setup on the end of it. Thought it would look trick and help clean up the upper engine bay. I already put an adaptor on the SC intake and put a full size cone filter on it and put it directly over the hole on the passenger side front valance used zip ties to hold it in place and no problems with it at all. Thought this idea would be good and I could put heat shields around intake pipe then. Lol now I am trying to reinvent the wheel.

Can u post the links from the frozen boost site, for those two parts? If it's the water/air intercooler that I think it is, it has nowhere to mount the BOV. Remember, Paxton's water/air intercooler has the BOV mounted to it.

Last edited:
Can u post the links from the frozen boost site, for those two parts? If it's the water/air intercooler that I think it is, it has nowhere to mount the BOV. Remember, Paxton's water/air intercooler has the BOV mounted to it.

I don't know how to load up the site but I can give you the exact location on the page so you could check it out. I don't think it has that either though now that I think about it. You think I should send that piece back and just use the stock one then and use the bigger heat exchanger. I saw a few people on here had custom ones built but I didn't see where to buy them from.

At frozenboost.com go to water/air intercoolers it's the second option on left then click then once it loads scroll down to fifth intercooler on right and its the fifth one down type 103 for 149.99. I thought it looked like it had the hole for a blow off valve bit maybe I am confused by it's shape

At frozenboost.com go to water/air intercoolers it's the second option on left then click then once it loads scroll down to fifth intercooler on right and its the fifth one down type 103 for 149.99. I thought it looked like it had the hole for a blow off valve bit maybe I am confused by it's shape

No, if u look at the diagram, those are mounting holes on the side. As for the heat exchanger, i looked at that one originally, but I thought I would have to cut the bumper for it to fit.

No, if u look at the diagram, those are mounting holes on the side. As for the heat exchanger, i looked at that one originally, but I thought I would have to cut the bumper for it to fit.

I already cut the front bumper and my old man runs a water jet machine at work so he is making brackets for me that will bolt right into the front of the frame (I cut out the middle section/bottom) And planned to bolt directly in front of the vents on the bottom of the front bumper. So do I have to have a bov I assume yes but thought I would ask and are you running the stock intercooler.

Also do you know where or who makes an upgraded intercooler I can't find one but a few guys on here have pics but no one is responding to my pm's

Also do you know where or who makes an upgraded intercooler I can't find one but a few guys on here have pics but no one is responding to my pm's

That triangle piece is the intercooler. I think these guys are just relocating the BOV.

I already cut the front bumper and my old man runs a water jet machine at work so he is making brackets for me that will bolt right into the front of the frame (I cut out the middle section/bottom) And planned to bolt directly in front of the vents on the bottom of the front bumper. So do I have to have a bov I assume yes but thought I would ask and are you running the stock intercooler.

Well damn. U think he would be willing to do two sets of brackets? I can purchase the same heat exchanger that ur getting, send it to ya and he can weld the brackets on. If not, I understand, no biggie. Figured I'd ask though. :)

I can most likely get the brackets for you I don't see a problem there but be said it will take a few days to get done as his stuff obviously comes first for work. As far as welding I was having them made so that the stock mounting points on the heat exchanger could be used on the top then mounting points on the bottom would attach to where I cut out the bottom part (metal) that was attached to the front valance. The top would be plenty stron he said and the bottom is just for vibration purposes but not necessary he told me.

That triangle piece is the intercooler. I think these guys are just relocating the BOV.

The intercooler is the piece that attaches to the manifold (well with one pipe between them) where else could the bov be placed and do you think with this bigger cooler it would be just fine to not replace the stock intercooler then. I am gonna run Tonys bottom pulley and then talk to him about an upper that would peak at 12-14 like Bobby's. Bobby gave me his guys info but Tony has been really good about answering all my questions so once all safety upgrades (prep for more boost) are completed I am gonna hit him up to make me one as he said that he is gonna start doing that soon. Also he said he is lookin into dedicated drive for Paxton I thought that might be worth looking into as well. If your still interested in brackets though let me know and I will mount mine take pics and you can decide then.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back