Intercooler website

I don't know how to load up the site but I can give you the exact location on the page so you could check it out. I don't think it has that either though now that I think about it. You think I should send that piece back and just use the stock one then and use the bigger heat exchanger. I saw a few people on here had custom ones built but I didn't see where to buy them from.

I would try the bigger heat exchanger first. But get an aeroforce gauge from tony, so u can monitor the IAT's. This way you can see how much the newer heat exchanger dropped the temps.

Hey Steve take a look at my intake thread tell me what ya think I thought with that and the roe fuel management kit I would be well on my way. Just gotta see price on Tonys TB

I can most likely get the brackets for you I don't see a problem there but be said it will take a few days to get done as his stuff obviously comes first for work. As far as welding I was having them made so that the stock mounting points on the heat exchanger could be used on the top then mounting points on the bottom would attach to where I cut out the bottom part (metal) that was attached to the front valance. The top would be plenty stron he said and the bottom is just for vibration purposes but not necessary he told me.
That sounds perfect.
The intercooler is the piece that attaches to the manifold (well with one pipe between them) where else could the bov be placed and do you think with this bigger cooler it would be just fine to not replace the stock intercooler then. I am gonna run Tonys bottom pulley and then talk to him about an upper that would peak at 12-14 like Bobby's. Bobby gave me his guys info but Tony has been really good about answering all my questions so once all safety upgrades (prep for more boost) are completed I am gonna hit him up to make me one as he said that he is gonna start doing that soon. Also he said he is lookin into dedicated drive for Paxton I thought that might be worth looking into as well. If your still interested in brackets though let me know and I will mount mine take pics and you can decide then.

I would definitely be interested in the brackets. Just let me know how much and i'll get ya the money

One thing that I've been wanting to try, but not sure if it would work. And maybe someone with more knowledge, can chime in. What would the effects be of ceramic coating the air/water intercooler and piping, to protect them from engine bay temps? In theory it seems like it would work.

What about just wrapping it in heat tape or putting a heat shield around it. Another thought what if you put one heat exchanger into a second one then back to the intercooler. I mean it shouldn't hurt anything and would double the total area of cooling ability. The pressure loss is like .2 so that's nothing and you could go from pump to back charger to front charger to intercooler. I know all my heat seems to be from the intake manifold. Any idea how to cool that off?

Tonkasmith said:
What about just wrapping it in heat tape or putting a heat shield around it. Another thought what if you put one heat exchanger into a second one then back to the intercooler. I mean it shouldn't hurt anything and would double the total area of cooling ability. The pressure loss is like .2 so that's nothing and you could go from pump to back charger to front charger to intercooler. I know all my heat seems to be from the intake manifold. Any idea how to cool that off?

I have my water/air intercooler wrapped on heat tape. Made a little difference. Just wondering what ceramic coating the outside of the air/water intercooler and inside and outside of the piping, would do.

One thing about what you guys are saying is some good ideas, and your never gonna get the intake air too cold! The killer chiller would really work good to cool that water cooler right down!

Yellow venom said:
One thing about what you guys are saying is some good ideas, and your never gonna get the intake air too cold! The killer chiller would really work good to cool that water cooler right down!

The only problem with the killer chiller, is u can't run it at the track, cuz u can't have the a/c on at the track.

Oh and 2 heat exchangers one into another. I am think like a bigger, thinner one mounted behind a smaller thicker one would work well so long as water pump was strong enough

Oh and 2 heat exchangers one into another. I am think like a bigger, thinner one mounted behind a smaller thicker one would work well so long as water pump was strong enough

This is the pump that I'll be going with and it should be plenty strong. I think you'll be fine with that one big heat exchanger that u got from frozen boost.
Meziere Enterprises

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back