Interest in a custom Paxton system W/Mopar headers?

texastonka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking on going to twin turbo in my truck but will base it on if I can sell my custom Paxton set up. System is as follows:

Novi 2000 head
Frozen Boost Air/Water intercooler kit
Tial BOV
Stainless braided water hoses
custom fab stainless pipe from filter to head to cooler to intake
SCT Tuner
Bosch COBRA water pump
Type 101 Radiator
Remote filler cap
MOPAR headers

Any interest in a kit like this? Any offers? Can email photos of set up. Will try to post some tonight.

photo1.jpg

twins are sweet

Here are the pictures. There was a LOT of custom fabrication on this and I tried to take close ups of some of the welds to show the quality. Was done by ART in Buda, TX. The two probes are for Intake Air Temps both pre supercharger and post heat exchanger. Can be capped if you don't want them.

In the build I have over $17K wrapped up in parts and labor. Would like to recoupe at least $11K for the entire set up including MOPAR headers and SCT tuner. Everything should bolt right up to any SRT10 RAM. Plug and play kit.

Sorry for the water spots, the only bad thing with polished stainless...hit the once a year drizzle here in San Antonio and have not cleaned it up yet. Was seriously thinking of getting it coated black but going with a black TT set up instead. :D

Entire system has about 2500 miles on it and the upgraded cooling system and tial BOV have about 500 miles on it.

Attachments

• KDR SRT10 (19).JPG
    KDR SRT10 (19).JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 216
  • KDR SRT10 (2).JPG
    KDR SRT10 (2).JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 189
  • KDR SRT10 (3).JPG
    KDR SRT10 (3).JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 194
  • KDR SRT10 (5).JPG
    KDR SRT10 (5).JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 175
  • KDR SRT10 (10).JPG
    KDR SRT10 (10).JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 181
  • KDR SRT10 (15).JPG
    KDR SRT10 (15).JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 206
  • KDR SRT10 (18).JPG
    KDR SRT10 (18).JPG
    152 KB · Views: 174
  • KDR SRT10 (17).JPG
    KDR SRT10 (17).JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 181
  • KDR SRT10 (16).JPG
    KDR SRT10 (16).JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 159
How much did your intake temps drop after putting on that bigger water/air intercooler on? Noticeable power difference? What are the measurements on it? Very nicely done who ever did the work, and what are your before and after air temps at??

Last edited:
How much did your intake temps drop after putting on that bigger water/air intercooler on? Noticeable power difference? What are the measurements on it? Very nicely done who ever did the work, and what are your before and after air temps at??

looks good how much hp are you putting down with that setup?

I'm in the high 600s to the wheels on a very conservative tune running rich A/F. The system does not make any more power than a stock set up really, just make the peak power longer and more consistent. It increases efficiency.

This bigger cooler allows for less of a pressure drop and does not heat soak as quickly as the stock piece. If I am moving down the road getting clean air my intake temps usually match ambient temp degree for degree which is a HUGE improvement over the stock Paxton design which heat soaks after about 10 minutes and is like a hairdryer set on hot direct in your intake. You can put an ice box inline with this set up and run cooler than ambient temps or use for racing, I am utilizing the Paxton wedge reservoir but using a Bosch Cobra pump for better flow. Keeping intake charge at ambient in San Antonio heat is AWESOME! At stop lights you can see the temp slowly rise but as soon as you get fresh air across it drops right back down. The big TIAL BOV helps out quite a bit as well. It reacts much faster than the stock unit releasing boost and sealing to build much faster between shifts. Also with the TIAL you always have the option of going with a recirculation hat on it to dump the boost back in the system pre cooler to keep it cool and on tap.

That's awesome on the intake air cools down to ambient outside temps,what are the measurements on your intercooler??

Measurements are roughly 26x7x3.5 for the radiator and 16x12.5x4.5 on the intercooler itself.

Attachments

• radiator_26x7x3.5_specsheet.gif
    radiator_26x7x3.5_specsheet.gif
    11.2 KB · Views: 50
  • intercooler_16x12.5x4.5SSio_specsheet.gif
    intercooler_16x12.5x4.5SSio_specsheet.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 45
Just hung up the phone with a guy that wants it. Not on any forums but he wants you to call him. I'll pm you. His motor is built for Fi already but he's been waiting for a deal like this.

Just hung up the phone with a guy that wants it. Not on any forums but he wants you to call him. I'll pm you. His motor is built for Fi already but he's been waiting for a deal like this.

Got your PM- I'll call ASAP. Thanks for the lead!

Okay now official, my paxton set up is for sale $11K complete with Mopar headers, SCT, dual IAT gauges, ready to bolt on and make some ponies!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back