Interest in a super lightweight carbon fiber hood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMB Justin

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
We are planning to make a race weight carbon fiber hood for Dom's truck. I have a good friend and former employee who is excellent with composites that will be making the hoods. Heres a basic breakdown of what we are looking at:

-100% carbon fiber (A "carbon fiber hood" like a VIS is 100% fiberglass with a carbon top layer for looks)
-Approximately 34# weight savings over stock (VIS is 14# savings according to Trainman). OEM hood is 42#'s, this should be approximately 12#s, then the latch, grill metal, striker, release cable/handle, etc. are not used, which is a little over 4#'s)
-OEM or better fit and finish, paint ready
-Scoop is integrated into hood, no longer seperate
-OEM dimensions/style on the exterior
-Pin on front, no stock hood latch (keeps cost and weight down)
-Uses stock hinges, hood has aluminum inserts with SS threads, no stripped out holes
-No stock grill shell metal, grill will bolt directly to hood (no longer needed since you are lifting/lowering a super light hood vs the stock hood)
-Stock hood struts would not work, would need a prop rod or very weak struts
-$1300 plus shipping
-1-2 month build time after payment, it will not get dragged out
-Reduces weight where its needed most

We will be using 4 of these style "hood pins" in the front, they are flush mount, 1.25" around. About $100 for the 4 pins, these are not included with the hoods.

QUL-QL-25-B.jpg

I would put you in direct contact with maker, I am not making a penny on them, we are just trying to keep costs down by making multiple hoods. His ethics and morals are of the highest standard, he is a good friend of many years and a former employee (a good family man as well), plus he lives about 5 minutes away.

If you are interested, please PM me or email me at [email protected]

Thanks
Justin

Definitely interested.

They will all be clear UV protect gelcoated and able to run raw. Heres a pic of the weave pattern:

02365_300.JPG

They will all be clear UV protect gelcoated and able to run raw. Heres a pic of the weave pattern:

02365_300.JPG

Perfect, I would be running mine without paint also.

I would like to see a picture of one :D send me one ill put it on mine for testing ;)

If we could get a concept hood picture... thatd be great:D

I would like to see a picture of one :D send me one ill put it on mine for testing ;)

The hood will look and fit exactly like oem except the scoop is built in and not two piece. I don't have one made to give you a pic of it.

Will this be a one time deal? It would be cool to drop some weight from front of truck.

This will be the only time it's sold at this price, but it will still be available.

Justin

Anyone else interested? Please PM me or post if you are ready to go forward on this. The hood is being made regardless so if you are interested but want to see the finished product, I completely understand, but please make it clear that you are waiting.
Thanks
Justin

10th bullet point post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back