Intersting finds on my 10

madmanadam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought my trk 5+ yrs ago and finding interesting things.
It looks that my trk has been in some kind of crash, find that body panel are different color of red, fender doesn't make bed, the clads are different from front to back, 3 shades.
The front bumper cover has a crack in it, so did some sanding and it looks to have at lease 3 layers of black primer and 3 of red.
The hood I'm thinking its not stock, I thought the hood were aluminum, if it is then how does a magnet stick to it?
While starting to install a raptor shift light I noticed that someone already had put a connector on the bottom plug of the ecm, connector is on the blue/white wire, which is what the instruction states that one of the wire to connect to. Need to verify that this is correct for the new 2 stage light.
Thanks need to vent some issues.

Well that sounds like a bucho crap!?! Maybe you can check with the viper registry for some history on it or a car fax report? Red is very hard to match I had a portion of a red car painted once, never was the same :(

The good thing is ................. that it's RED!!!!

On my old truck every panel looks like a slightly different color. Now that other stuff says wreck.

Our hoods are steel, the bed cover is aluminum. :)

When I bought the trk I did a lot of searching looking for the original owner, he was on registry under the name vipeme or something like that, been a bit since I looked.
It had a carfax when bought and showed no issues.
I plan on painting the whole trk one day, but need to stop messing with it to do so.
The good thing is ................. that it's RED!!!! [/QUOTE yes you are right best and fastest color.

Every red truck I have seen has some different shading. Especially on the ground effects, but I have also seen some differences in panels as well.

All good, First time standing back looking at it in the garage. My focus is on power.
I expect the comment, it the norm on this site.
First time sanding on the truck and finding many layers of primer/paint.
When I first purchased, my uncle told me the left side has been hit and I didnt believe, now I do.
One does not find things at first, but when one take apart, one finds what was there by not seeing it. :burnout:

Every red truck I have seen has some different shading. Especially on the ground effects, but I have also seen some differences in panels as well.

I think this is the case, Dodge is apparently horrible when it comes to red paint. The b pillar on my truck is a darker red and sticks out like a sore thumb to me. Most people dont notice it but as an appraiser it is an eye sore.

Ive looked over my truck and it has been in a accident. Im going to have the whole thing repainted in the next year or two. Clean is starting bubble on corners of the truck and the roof. The spoiler is the worse.

Part of it could just be it's 10 yrs old. My red 10, the scoop and Grill have recently started looking a lighter shade. Thankful for no cracks but since I've moved to Canada and the rear of the truck was sticking out of the garage for a bit, the snow and ice has caused the clear coat to peel. What really pisses me off is that the clear on my 02 Ram is peeling as well because of the snow.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Part of it could just be it's 10 yrs old. My red 10, the scoop and Grill have recently started looking a lighter shade. Thankful for no cracks but since I've moved to Canada and the rear of the truck was sticking out of the garage for a bit, the snow and ice has caused the clear coat to peel. What really pisses me off is that the clear on my 02 Ram is peeling as well because of the snow.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I too am in the same boat. Grill, good scoop insert, and wing the color is lighter than the rest. Starting to have little pits in the clear on roof and bed. Looks like it's time to start looking for a bad ass painter.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back