Is it just me or.......

Itsmekylep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the value of these trucks going up? I look at craigslist and auto trader daily. Seems when I bought mine last year around March I had quit a few to choose from in the 20k-23k range. Now it seems everyone is asking 25k-35k for the same truck. Are they going up? Are people getting this kind of money? Or are they sitting in peoples driveways? Don't get me wrong it's awesome if you have one and they are selling for that, just not so awesome if you're looking for a deal :D

Are the value of these trucks going up? I look at craigslist and auto trader daily. Seems when I bought mine last year around March I had quit a few to choose from in the 20k-23k range. Now it seems everyone is asking 25k-35k for the same truck. Are they going up? Are people getting this kind of money? Or are they sitting in peoples driveways? Don't get me wrong it's awesome if you have one and they are selling for that, just not so awesome if you're looking for a deal :D

even awesomer if you own two. :D

I guess there have been some good deals, but they are always so far. I only look in my surrounding areas. Took expensive and too scared to ship lol.

I feel like the value has moved up in the last 6 months. My truck books for more now than when I bought it, even though it's 3 years older with 30k more miles.

I just KBB'd my 04 and it shows it is worth $27k

They sure have! I know for a fact cause mine is now showing $28400 and 3 months ago it was showing $27500. How is it that they are going up!?

They sure have! I know for a fact cause mine is now showing $28400 and 3 months ago it was showing $27500. How is it that they are going up!?

I don't care why, I just want it to keep the trend!

They are going up for sure. Based on production numbers they had to increase. They built over 39,500 Ford Lightning's.. They only built a little over 9,000 SRT-10's.
I hardly ever see our trucks on the road anymore.

They are only worth what someone is willing to pay, people can "ASK" or advertise any price they want but for the most part they just sit and wait for the best offer.......It's all timing.

They are going up for sure. Based on production numbers they had to increase. They built over 39,500 Ford Lightning's.. They only built a little over 9,000 SRT-10's.
I hardly ever see our trucks on the road anymore.

Just over 10,000 Viper Trucks in my DB

I use NADA at work and that's typically what i go off of. Even NADA is still higher than it used to be. KBB is usually good for a laugh.

i paid mine $26.000 in 2008 with 9K miles on it.
too bad i had to shipped overseas , almost $20K extra untill i got to drive my 10...:mad::D

Try NADA and then you'll throw up!!!!!! KBB is always a lot higher than any other, very deceiving.

I actually use black book to determine my value when purchasing. KBB is a quick reference that I use to show approximate value.

Its not really 20K$ to ship it, but we have certain taxes and custom duties that we have to pay, before we can officially apply for european title.

In Germany you have to follow this calculation (can be different for other european countries):

Purchase price : 25.000$
+ shipping & insurance : 1.600 $
Total : 26.600$

+ customs (10% of above) : 2660$
Total : 29260$

+ Vat (19% of all above) : 5.559,40$

Grand total : 34.819,40$

So for us, we roughly have to add 10K$ if we buy the Truck for 25K$ in the US, just for import duties, taxes etc.

On top of that you have to add the conversion we have to do to make it streetlegal. Including changing of lights etc....

To drive an SRT truck in Europe is really not a cheap thing to do but lots of fun

Last edited:
Its not really 20K$ to ship it, but we have certain taxes and custom duties that we have to pay, before we can officially apply for european title.

In Germany you have to follow this calculation (can be different for other european countries):

Purchase price : 25.000$
+ shipping & insurance : 1.600 $
Total : 26.600$

+ customs (10% of above) : 2660$
Total : 29260$

+ Vat (19% of all above) : 5.559,40$

Grand total : 34.819,40$

Are there also modifications that need to be completed to make them road worthy?

Yes, edited my thread, but we have to have :

- amber blinker in the back.
- Sidemarker permanently on are in some countries not allowed.
- Taillight/blinker and brakelight has to be splitted in its function as
it is not allowed to have those functions combined.
- tires rated for the max speed, as we have no speed limit in Germany.
- fog light in the back
- written exception for front lights as the light pattern is different to legal lights
- ....and some other things:D

I use NADA at work and that's typically what i go off of. Even NADA is still higher than it used to be. KBB is usually good for a laugh.
That's what I went off of. Kbb I don't pay attention to because most banks go off of nada

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back